The Vaccine Coordinator Training Program (VCTP) was designed to give new Vaccine Coordinators a strong foundation for managing the program within their facility. The VCTP focuses on best practices for vaccine management. Other facility staff that work around or handle vaccine are also encouraged to complete the modules.
Training for flu vaccine: (All vaccine coordinators are required to complete the two training modules below before ordering flu vaccine. Upon completion, follow instructions for saving the certificate to keep for your records.)
- 2022-2023 VFC Influenza Training Module – ID 1105719
- 2022-2023 Adult Influenza Training Module – ID 1105713
Requirements for NEW Vaccine Coordinators
New Vaccine Coordinators are required to complete several of the available sessions in the VCTP. Vaccine Coordinators that administer vaccines are also required to complete the Basics of Immunization & Vaccine Administration Best Practices module. The training sessions can be completed in any order, but all must be completed within two weeks (14 days) of assuming the role of Vaccine Coordinator. Experienced Vaccine Coordinators are also encouraged to complete each session as a refresher and to ensure that new recommendations and requirements are clearly understood and implemented correctly.
The required sessions include:
- Vaccine Coordinator Responsibilities (TRAIN web page)
- Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program Overview (TRAIN web page)
- Wyoming Vaccinates Important People (WyVIP) Program Overview (if applicable) (TRAIN web page)
- Adult Hepatitis Vaccine (AHV) Program Overview
- Vaccine Storage and Handling: Storage Equipment (TRAIN web page)
- Vaccine Storage and Handling: Vaccine Temperatures (TRAIN web page)
- Vaccine Inventory Management (TRAIN web page)
- Vaccine Orders, Transfers, and Returns (TRAIN web page)
- Basics of Immunization & Vaccine Administration Best Practices (for staff administering vaccine) (TRAIN web page)
It is recommended that when completing the entire Vaccine Coordinator Training Program that the modules are completed in the order they are listed. To begin a module, click the link above. Please note that you will need to create an account within TRAINWyoming if you do not have one already.
Other training resources:
Vaccine borrowing (online slides)
If you would like additional training, please do not hesitate to contact us at (307) 777-7952 and we would be more than happy to schedule a training session.