Wyo. Stat. Ann. §§ 21-4-309 and 14-4-116 make school and child caring facility administrators responsible for completing an audit of the immunization status of any enrolled child in accordance with rules and regulations prescribed by the Department of Health. The Immunization Unit makes the Immunization Status Report available to schools and child care facilities annually.
Questions about the Immunization Status Report can be directed to the School and Child Care Coordinator at (307) 777-7481.
Why collect immunization data?
With over 94,000 students enrolled in Wyoming public and private schools and another 30,000 children in child caring facilities and preschools, these setting are the perfect opportunity to protect children’s health and limit the spread of disease. This can be accomplished by maintaining high vaccination coverage rates and evaluating immunization status.
Data from the Immunization Status Report is used to evaluate compliance with Wyoming statutes and rules, for state reporting, and federal reporting to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). School data is also published in the CDC’s Mortality and Morbidity Weekly Report (MMWR).
Who has to report?
The Wyoming Department of Health Immunization Rules require all public and private schools and child care facilities to report on the immunization status of enrolled children.
“Child caring facility” as defined in Wyo. Stat. Ann. § 14-4-116(a).
“School” means the following entities:
- “A charter school within a school” as defined in § 21-3-302(a)(i);
- “Elementary school” as defined in Wyo. Stat. Ann. § 21-13-101(iv);
- “High school” as defined in Wyo. Stat. Ann. § 21-13-101(vi);“Kindergarten” as defined in Wyo. Stat. Ann. § 21-13-101(viii);
- “Middle school” as defined in Wyo. Stat. Ann. § 21-13-101(vii);
- “New charter school” as defined in § 21-3-302(a)(iv);
- “Parochial, church or religious school” as defined in § 21-4-101(a)(iv);
Preschool, which means any other institution that is not a child caring facility and occurs prior to entry into kindergarten; and
“Private school” as defined in 21-4-101(a)(iii).
Public and Private Schools (K-12)
The following schools must complete the Immunization Status Report:
- Charter schools
- Elementary schools
- Middle schools
- High schools
- Parochial, church or religious schools
Child Caring Facilities and Preschools
All preschools, which means any other institution that is not a child caring facility and occurs prior to entry into kindergarten, and any person who operates a business to keep or care for any minor at the request of the parents, legal guardians or an agency which is responsible for the child and includes any of the privately operated facilities in the list below must complete the Immunization Status Report by the due date established by the Department.
Open the menus below to access additional resources and information
Types of Privately Operated Child Caring Facilities
- Children’s institutions;
- Child placing agencies whether for permanent or temporary placement;
- Foster homes not supervised by the state, any local government, school district or agency or political subdivision thereof;
- Group day care agencies Detention homes;
- Public or private receiving homes;
- Correctional schools;
- Ranches for children whether for summer operation only or otherwise;
- Day or hourly nurseries, nursery schools, kindergartens or any other preschool establishment not accredited by the state board of education;
- Boarding homes not supervised by the state, any local government, school district or agency or political subdivision thereof;
- Boards of cooperative educational services established under W.S. 21-20-104 and providing services to children with disabilities of any school district; and
- Except as provided under subparagraph (a)(vi)(N) of this section, any other person not legally related to a minor, having legal or physical care, custody or control of the child, receiving payment therefor and not supervised by the state, any local government, school district or agency or political subdivision thereof.