The Wyoming Department of Health completes an annual survey to determine the immunization status of every child attending a Wyoming public or private child caring facility, preschool, and school. This survey is used to evaluate compliance with Wyoming statutes and rules and for reporting purposes. The data reported does not include any personal information and is numerical only.
Why collect immunization data?
With over 94,000 students enrolled in Wyoming public and private schools and another 30,000 children in child caring facilities and preschools, these setting are the perfect opportunity to protect children’s health and limit the spread of disease. This can be accomplished by maintaining high vaccination coverage rates and evaluating immunization status.
How do I report?
The Immunization Status Report is completed by a school or child caring facility administrator and completed online. A printable version is available in order to assist with data compilation prior to accessing the online report.
A separate report must be submitted for each school, child care facility or pre-school identified.
Child Caring Facilities and Preschools – NOW OPEN!
All preschools, which means any other institution that is not a child caring facility and occurs prior to entry into kindergarten, and any person who operates a business to keep or care for any minor at the request of the parents, legal guardians or an agency which is responsible for the child and includes any of the privately operated facilities in the list below must complete the Immunization Status Report by November 1, 2017.
Click the text below to access additional resources and information.
Types of Privately Operated Child Caring Facilities
- Children’s institutions;
- Child placing agencies whether for permanent or temporary placement;
- Foster homes not supervised by the state, any local government, school district or agency or political subdivision thereof;
- Group day care agencies Detention homes;
- Public or private receiving homes;
- Correctional schools;
- Homes for defective children;
- Ranches for children whether for summer operation only or otherwise;
- Day or hourly nurseries, nursery schools, kindergartens or any other preschool establishment not accredited by the state board of education;
- Boarding homes not supervised by the state, any local government, school district or agency or political subdivision thereof;
- Boards of cooperative educational services established under W.S. 21-20-104 and providing services to children with disabilities of any school district; and
- Except as provided under subparagraph (a)(vi)(N) of this section, any other person not legally related to a minor, having legal or physical care, custody or control of the child, receiving payment therefor and not supervised by the state, any local government, school district or agency or political subdivision thereof.
Immunization Status Report
Questions about the School Immunization Status Report can be directed to Aundrea Moore, Provider Support Specialist and Child Care Liaison, at 307-777-8503 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public and Private Schools (K-12) – NOW OPEN!
The following schools must complete the Immunization Status Report by November 1, 2017:
- Charter Schools
- Elementary Schools
- Middle Schools
- High Schools
- Parochial, Church or Religious Schools
Click the text below to access resources and information.
Immunization Status Report
Questions about the School Immunization Status Report can be directed to Jude Alden, Immunization Unit Manager and School Liaison at email@example.com or 307-777-6001.