Wyoming Public Health Nursing (PHN) Vision & Mission
Collaborative, Creative, Current, and Competent Nurses Providing Compassionate and Consistent Care to Communities
Through our commitment to excellence in public health nursing, we strive to promote, protect, and improve health and prevent disease and injury in Wyoming’s communities.
We do this by:
- assuring access to care and essential services
- engaging the public and community partners through outreach and collaboration
- ongoing assessment of communities to ensure health needs are planned for and met,
- informing policy through public education and provision of health information.
Click below to see the different ways PHN works with you and your community.
2016 Public Health Nursing statistics
- % of vaccinations given in Wyoming 2016 25-30%
- % of PHN serving on boards and/or coalitions that benefit public health 65%
hours of PHN service in 2016
February is American Heart Month
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. Every year, 1 in 4 deaths are caused by heart disease. The good news? Heart disease can often be prevented when people make healthy choices and manage their health conditions. Communities, health professionals, and families can work together to create opportunities for people to make healthier choices.