Wyoming Public Health Nursing (PHN) Vision & Mission
Collaborative, Creative, Current, and Competent Nurses Providing Compassionate and Consistent Care to Communities
Through our commitment to excellence in public health nursing, we strive to promote, protect, and improve health and prevent disease and injury in Wyoming’s communities.
We do this by:
- assuring access to care and essential services
- engaging the public and community partners through outreach and collaboration
- ongoing assessment of communities to ensure health needs are planned for and met,
- informing policy through public education and provision of health information.
Click below to see the different ways PHN works with you and your community.
2016 Public Health Nursing statistics
- % of vaccinations given in Wyoming 2016 25-30%
- % of PHN serving on boards and/or coalitions that benefit public health 65%
hours of PHN service in 2016
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
The Wyoming Cancer Program reimburses participating healthcare providers for screening services. The screenings are paid for through funds from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program and the State of Wyoming.
The WCP reimburses participating healthcare providers for screening services using state funds and federal funds from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Contact the WCP at 1.800.264.1296, email@example.com, or visit www.health.wyo.gov/cancer.