The Wyoming Life Resource Center (WLRC) is a safety net for the citizens of Wyoming. Our mission is to provide high level intermediate and long-term care and services to individuals in Wyoming who are hard to place, have high medical needs, or manifest exceptionally difficult behaviors.
The campus houses Canyons Intermediate Care Facility for individuals with intellecual disabilities and Mountain View Skilled Nursing Community.
Our vision is:
- To provide access to a wide variety of behavioral health and healthcare services to the most vulnerable people in the State of Wyoming that need intermediate, long-term and/or skilled nursing care who no longer have access to services in their communities;
- To ensure resident’s strengths and needs are recognized, supported and met;
- To provide a safe environment, respect, independence and ensure the rights of each resident are always protected;
- To create opportunities for the most medically and behaviorally vulnerable people in the State to live more independently in their respective communities by providing compassionate care, a sense of community, and an opportunity to enjoy life in a resident-centered environment;
- To maintain a center of excellence that helps restore individuals in need of short-term assistance to live in less restrictive environments.
A Green House Model of Care…®
WLRC embraces the Green House®Model Core Values of Meaningful Life, Empowered Staff and Real Home to guide the care we provide our residents.
Rooted in a philosophy of person-directed, relationship-based care, we focus on the opportunity for each person’s continued growth and development. Those receiving care are deeply known and valued for their creativity and resourcefulness.
In addition, WLRC works with the individual to build a safe environment through respect, confidentiality, promoting independence and resident rights.