Call 2-1-1 for Help!
Call 2-1-1 in Wyoming or toll free 888-425-7138 for help locating state resources. You may also visit the 2-1-1 website.
Senior Centers & COVID-19 Information
Senior Centers & COVID-19 Information
- Due to COVID-19, senior centers may have altered hours and/or services. Please contact your local senior center for more information or contact (307) 777-7995 or (800) 442-2766. To find an updated list of services by senior center please click here.
- For aging network providers, see CDC guidelines on Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 Transmission.
- The Administration for Community Living has updated information on COVID-19 on their website.
- For information on services available near you, call the Eldercare Referral Hotline at 1-800-677-1116 or visit them online.
- Wyoming 2-1-1 is available with listings of programs and resources across the state for Aging & Disability related concerns
- Wyoming residents can sign up for a daily phone call from a trained volunteer at AARP here.
- The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America is providing daily activity and exercise videos as well as stay-at-home tips.
Thank you to all of our volunteers around the state who are essential to our COVID-19 response. From those delivering Meals on Wheels to Senior Companions around the state, we see you and we thank you! Interested in volunteering? Check out www.servewyoming.org for opportunities for people of all ages.
General COVID-19 Information
- For updated information regarding COVID-19, visit the Aging Division Facebook page.
- The CDC webpage can be found here.
- The National Council on Aging has a list of COVID-19 resources found here.
- COVID-19: What Older Adults Need to Know
- Wyoming Medical Society YouTube Channel
- Caregiving Resources
- With all the information out there, it can be difficult to discern COVID-19 myths from facts. Check out this myth-busting resource page from FEMA to get informed: https://www.fema.gov/
- University students are also stepping up to make calls to Seniors around the country. Sign up here: https://www.
- Many universities are also offering college classes to take while at home: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/
26/homebound-during- coronavirus-free-online- college-courses-you-can-take. html
- WDH has partnered with GetSetUp to provide live virtual classes taught by older adults. With 500+ classes weekly in technology, fitness, finance, travel, and much more, you’ll have everything you need to pursue your passions. Try a class today at https://www.getsetup.io/
partner/wyoming and use the coupon code: Wyoming to book your free classes.
Services by County
Services by county for older adults, disabled individuals and caregivers. Click the link to find your county and the programs offered in your county via senior centers. Direct application through the senior center is required to receive services.
Wyoming Palliative Care Council
The council serves as an advisory body for related issues to state policymakers.
The Aging Division operates three community facilities: the Wyoming Pioneer Home in Thermopolis, the Wyoming Retirement Center in Basin, and the Veterans’ Home of Wyoming in Buffalo.
Wyoming Pioneer Home
Wyoming Retirement Center
Veterans’ Home of Wyoming
Healthcare Licensing and Surveys
Healthcare Licensing and Surveys assures patients and residents receive quality care from Wyoming healthcare facilities. For hospital and facility providers, Healthcare Licensing and Surveys information can be found here.
2300 Capitol Avenue, 5th Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-7127
The Community Living Section provides services for older adults, disabled individuals and caregivers.
Disease Prevention & Health Promotion
National Family Caregiver Support Program
Wyoming Home Services
ERAP – Housing Stability Services
WyoPOLST – Portable Medical Orders Senior iPad Program
Wyoming Senior Services Board
The WSSB, in consultation with the Aging Division, appropriates funding to eligible senior centers.
Find inspection reports and other resources about nursing homes and other licensed healthcare facilities to help you make informed choices.
WyoPOLST – Portable Medical Orders
Forms for medical professionals, family and patients, honoring the wishes of those with serious illness and frailty.
Complaints: Home Health and Facilities
Learn more about your options for making a complaint about a Wyoming healthcare facility, home health agency or nursing home.
The Aging Division’s Community Living Section offers forms, policy documents and other resources for providers who help serve Wyoming’s older adults.