Senior Centers & COVID-19 Information
- Due to COVID-19, senior centers may have altered hours and/or services. Please contact your local senior center for more information or contact (307) 777-7995 or (800) 442-2766. To find an updated list of services by senior center please click here.
- For aging network providers, see CDC guidelines on Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 Transmission.
- The Administration for Community Living has updated information on COVID-19 on their website.
- For information on services available near you, call the Eldercare Referral Hotline at 1-800-677-1116 or visit them online
- Wyoming residents can sign up for a daily phone call from a trained volunteer at AARP here.
- The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America is providing daily activity and exercise videos as well as stay-at-home tips.
- Thank you to all of our volunteers around the state who are essential to our COVID-19 response. From those delivering Meals on Wheels to Senior Companions around the state, we see you and we thank you! Interested in volunteering? Check out www.servewyoming.org for opportunities for people of all ages.
General COVID-19 Information
- For updated information regarding COVID-19, visit the Aging Division Facebook page.
- The CDC webpage can be found here.
- The National Council on Aging has a list of COVID-19 resources found here.
- COVID-19: What Older Adults Need to Know
- Wyoming Medical Society YouTube Channel
- Caregiving Resources
- With all the information out there, it can be difficult to discern COVID-19 myths from facts. Check out this myth-busting resource page from FEMA to get informed: https://www.fema.gov/
- University students are also stepping up to make calls to Seniors around the country. Sign up here: https://www.
- Many universities are also offering college classes to take while at home: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/
26/homebound-during- coronavirus-free-online- college-courses-you-can-take. html
Do You Offer Services for Older Adults?
The Aging Division’s Community Living Section offers forms and other resources for providers who help serve Wyoming’s older adults.
Find inspection reports and other resources about nursing homes and other licensed healthcare facilities to help you make informed choices.
Complaints: Home Health and Facilities
Learn more about your options for making a complaint about a Wyoming healthcare facility, home health agency or nursing home.
The Community Living section provides services for older adults and disabled individuals.
2300 Capitol Avenue, 4th Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-5340
Healthcare Licensing and Surveys assures patients and residents receive quality care from Wyoming healthcare facilities.
2300 Capitol Avenue, 5th Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-7127