Use our Online Web Portal to easily apply for or renew Medicaid or Kid Care Chip!
Call 1 (855) 294-2127 to Apply or Renew
Medicaid Renewals Underway
You may receive text messages and mail from the Wyoming Department of Health if it is time to renew Medicaid or Kid Care CHIP for yourself or for a family member:
- Do not ignore these important messages and forms!
- If you received a text message from the Wyoming Department of Health asking you to renew, please watch your mail for a Medicaid renewal form. This form must be completed, signed and returned. You can return renewals by completing online at https://www.wesystem.wyo.gov, mailing or dropping off using the address on the renewal notice, faxing it to 1-855-329-5205, emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling to complete your renewal over the phone using the number on the notice.
- If your address has changed since March 2020 and you have not already reported that, your renewal may not get to you, which could affect eligibility. Please contact us as soon as possible with the correct address. To update contact information call 1-855-294-2127, email us at email@example.com, or go online to make the update at https://www.wesystem.wyo.gov.
- To prevent your case from closing for not completing your renewal, please don’t delay.
Don’t get fooled by a Medicaid renewal scam!
After a three-year pandemic-related pause, Wyoming Medicaid has restarted annual renewals.
WYhealth – This link directs you to Wyoming Medicaid’s Care Management program and includes helpful information for members, families, stakeholders, and providers.
Prior Authorization & Utilization Management – This link directs you to Utilization Management activities for Wyoming Medicaid. Helpful information for providers and stakeholders.
Eligibility – This link directs you to information on who may be eligible for Medicaid and how to apply.
Medicaid Provider/Client Portal – This link directs you to the Medicaid provider and client portal. Providers can check status of claims, benefits and services. Clients may check eligibility or benefits and request a replacement Medicaid ID card or transportation assistance.
Well Child Checkups! – This link directs you to our Well Child Checkup page with information on the importance of preventive screening for children and what to expect.
Home Care Services – This link directs you to a Medicaid program that provides nursing or therapy services to persons in their homes under a physician’s plan of care.
Partnership Access Line (PAL) – Resources for clinicians providing care to our children clients with developmental disabilities. Please click here for information about free consultation with a child/adolescent psychiatrist on any patient, and a valuable link to Resources for Wyoming providers in the Primary Care Principles for Child Mental Health.
- Enroll as a Wyoming Medicaid Provider
- Provider FAQ
- Accessing the IVR System
- Medicaid providers can use this email address to submit comments, concerns, complaints and compliments: HCFProviders@wyo.gov
- Submit a Psychiatric Rehabilitation Treatment Facility (PRTF) incident report – If you are a PRTF and need to report an incident.
- Pulse of CMS
Public Notices and Important Updates
The Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) provides public notice of a proposal meant to save state and federal dollars while also preventing or delaying nursing home stays for certain older Wyoming residents via an 1115 Waiver.
More information about the state’s proposal can be found at https://ltcexpansion.wyo.gov/.
- Pregnant by Choice Public and Tribal Notice – Proposed Eligibility Change – Posted 3/31/2023
- Pregnant by Choice Public and Tribal Notice – Posted 2/1/2023
- SFY22_Magellan Statement of Work_Amendment One
- SFY22_Magellan Contract _Amendment _One
- Public Notice – Pregnant by Choice Public Feedback – posted 1/31/2022
- Required notice per 42 CFR § 438.332(c) – Posted 11/21/21
- Public Notice – 1915(c) Children’s Mental Health Waiver
- Public Notice – Pregnant by Choice Public Feedback & Notice of Updated Public Forum Teleconference Info – posted 3/8/2021
- CME Facts & Figures – posted 02/03/2021
- Appendix B. EQR Protocol 1 Review Tool
- Appendix D. Operational Requirements Review Tool
- Appendix E. Outcome Measures Review Tool
- Appendix H. Network Adequacy Review Tool
- Care Management Entity Program
SFY 2019 External Quality Review
- WY CME Quality Review Strategy Draft-posted 10/5/20 – Draft QRS
Wyoming Provider Exclusion List – please contact 777-7531 or WDH-EXCLUSIONLIST@wyo.gov
- SFY2022 Benchmarking Report
- Appendices A – I:
- Appendix A: Methodology and Data Sources
- Appendix B.1: Comparison of Wyoming Medicaid Rates to Benchmarks, by Service Area
- Appendix B.2: Total SFY 2022 Medicaid Expenditures for Top Procedures Used in Analysis, By Service Area
- Appendix C: Hospital Cost Benchmarks
- Appendix D: Medicare Reimbursement Methodology
- Appendix E: Summary of Health Care Inflation Indices
- Appendix F: Wyoming Medicaid Rate History
- Appendix G: Glossary
- Appendix H: Acronyms
- Appendix I: Reimbursement Trends
- SFY2022 Wyoming Medicaid Per Member Per Month Report
- 2022 Wyoming Medicaid Birth Report
- SFY2022 Medicaid Annual Report
- Well Child Checkups!
- Medicaid Handbook – English version
- Medicaid Handbook – Spanish version
- Estate Recovery Pamphlet
- Medicaid Bulletins and Manuals
- Pregnant By Choice Brochure