Free Condoms and Low- or No-Cost STD/HIV Testing
In case you hadn’t heard, a partnership between the Wyoming Department of Health and the CDC, KnoWyo, is now offering free condoms and vouchers for free (or low-cost) STD testing to Wyoming residents, anywhere in the state. Visit KNOWYO for more information!
Many locations in your community make free condoms available – to see where you can pick up free condoms near you, visit: KNOWYO.
Or, to have condoms delivered straight to your door at no cost, request them HERE.
You have a choice!
You have a choice when it comes to planning a family. You can decide how much space you want between children and the size of your family – or if this is your only pregnancy! Family planning can help you and your family have a better life!
- Mothers and babies have a better chance of being healthy
- Parents can better provide for their family, both financially and emotionally
- Children receive more time and attention
Are you eligible?
A woman is eligible if she:
- Is transitioning from the Pregnant Women Program;
- Is age 19-44;
- Is a U.S. Citizen;
- Is a Wyoming Resident;
- Is not eligible for another Medicaid program;
- Doesn’t have health insurance;
- Must not have had a medical procedure to prevent pregnancy; and;
- Has an income less than or equal to 159% of the Federal Poverty Level
How to apply for the Pregnant by Choice Program
Within 60 days of giving birth, a Renewal Form and Pregnant by Choice Questionnaire will be sent to determine if an individual currently on the Pregnant Women Program is eligible for continued Medicaid benefits including the Pregnant by Choice Program. Please complete and return the form.
Haven’t heard from us yet?
Call Medicaid toll free: 1-855-294-2127
Pregnant by Choice Services
- Education about reproductive health and methods of birth control.
- Initial physical exam and health history, including a pap smear and testing for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Contraceptive management including prescriptions; devices and supplies.
- Annual follow up exam for reproductive health/family planning purposes, including a pap smear and testing for sexually transmitted diseases when indicated. Follow up office visits related to family planning.
- Removal of contraceptive devices.
- Necessary family planning/reproductive health-related laboratory procedures and diagnostic tests.
- Sterilization services and related laboratory services (with properly completed sterilization consent form) and medications required as part of a procedure done for birth control purposes.
Who can provide services?
- Primary Care Physicians
- Certified Nurse Midwives
- Family Planning Clinics
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Outpatient Departments of Hospitals (as appropriate)
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Rural Health Clinics
Call Medicaid Toll Free: 1-855-294-2127
Walk-in and Talk to a Medicaid Representative or Send Mail:
Wyoming Department of Health
Customer Service Center
3001 E. Pershing Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Mothers and babies have a better chance of being healthy!
Parents can better provide for their family, both financially and emotionally.
Children receive more time and attention.
Approved Evaluation Design Report
The Wyoming Department of Health’s Pregnant by Choice Program is administered with oversight from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). In order to have insight into each State’s Family Planning Waiver Programs, each Program must submit reports to CMS for review that discuss Program hypotheses and progress being made toward expected outcomes. Wyoming’s Pregnant by Choice Program drafted an Evaluation Design report to communicate hypotheses and outcomes to CMS. The Evaluation Design was approved on April 22, 2022.
As required by CMS under 42 CFR § 431.424 – Evaluation Requirements, Wyoming Medicaid is publishing the approved Evaluation Design here, on the State’s public website within thirty days of CMS approval. The Evaluation Design was posted on May 3, 2022.
This page was last updated on August 14, 2023.