American Academy of Pediatrics Online Toolkits
The Maternal and Child Health Unit has purchased access for Wyoming healthcare providers to access the following AAP Online Toolkits in their patient visits: Bright Futures, ADHD, Autism, and Mental Health Toolkits. If you are a Wyoming provider and want to learn more and request access please click the button below!
We envision a Wyoming where all families and communities are healthy and thriving.
We exist to partner with communities and families to promote and advocate for optimal health and wellbeing, using a public health approach.
View our 2021-2025 MCH Strategy Map to learn about our overall approach.
To learn more about MCH program activities and services, click on the images below.
What is the Title V MCH Block Grant?
Title V of the Social Security Act of 1935 established the MCH Services Block Grant. It is designed to assist states in their efforts to improve the health of mothers, children, and families. In Wyoming, the Title V MCH Block Grant is administered through the MCH Unit, within the Wyoming Department of Health. It supports programs that help mothers give birth to healthy babies and promotes access to medical care for children and youth, including those with special health care needs, as they grow and develop.
Every five years, the MCH Unit is required to perform a statewide needs assessment to determine health priorities for women, infants, and children in Wyoming.
Click here to learn more about the Title V MCH Services Block Grant.
2021-2025 MCH Priorities
- Prevent Maternal Mortality
- Prevent Infant Mortality
- Promote Healthy and Safe Children
- Improve Systems of Care for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Prevent Adolescent Suicide
- Promote Adolescent Motor Vehicle Safety
- Promote Healthy and Safe Relationships
- Implement Newborn Screening Program
- Strengthen MCH Workforce Capacity to Operationalize MCH Core Values
MCH Needs Assessment 2021-2025
Title V legislation (Section 505(a)(1)) requires each state to prepare a comprehensive statewide Needs Assessment every five years that identifies (consistent with health status goals and national health objectives) the need for:
- Preventive and primary care services for pregnant women, mothers, and infants up to age one
- Preventive and primary care services for children
- Services for children with special health care needs
The Needs Assessment must consider MCH population health status, MCH program capacity, and partnerships, and it is used to set Wyoming MCH priorities for the next five years.
Slides from the MCH Unit’s February 10, 2020 Needs Assessment webinar are available by clicking here. The MCH Unit invited stakeholders to its Priority Action Team meetings, held March 10-11, 2020, to discuss which strategies related to these focus areas would work best for Wyoming. The MCH Unit conducted internal strategic planning in April 2020 and virtually reconvened the Priority Action Teams May 26-27, 2020 to identify specific strategies and key collaborations.
The MCH Unit conducted a public input survey July 2-15, 2020 and made a draft of the Title V Block Grant Annual Report/Application available for comment in late summer 2020. The final Title V Block Grant Annual Report/Application (FY19/FY21), submitted in September 2020, is available under “Title V Annual Reports and Applications” below.
To find data related to the MCH priorities and other MCH topics, click here to visit the MCH Epidemiology page.
Title V Annual Reports and Applications
Your feedback is important to us. Please take an opportunity to review current and past annual reports and applications. If you would like to provide us with direct feedback, please call us at at 307-777-6921 or email us at email@example.com.
The current Title V State Action Plan is available for download by clicking here.
Grant Applications and Reports:
- Final Title V Application and Annual Report (FY24/FY22)
- Final Title V Application and Annual Report (FY23/FY21)
- Final Title V Application and Annual Report (FY22/FY20)
- Final Title V Application and Annual Report (FY21/FY19)
- Final Title V Application and Annual Report (FY20/FY18)
- Final Title V Application and Annual Report (FY19/FY17)
- Final Title V Application and Annual Report (FY18/FY16)
- Final Title V Application and Annual Report (FY17/FY15)
MCH Quarterly Newsletter
View our most recent newsletter. Not already signed up to receive them? Sign up below to stay connected!