We will be closing early on Friday, May 7th at 12:30pm. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please leave a voicemail with us at 307-635-1297 and we will get back to you on Monday, May 10th. Thank you!
Due to staffing, we will be closed each Wednesday for program maintenance and donation management until further notice. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please leave a voicemail when you call us and we will get back to you as soon as we can, as we are checking messages throughout the day.
***patients that live in Laramie County will need to apply to our local dispensing site — HealthWorks (click here for more info)***
Please allow up to one week (7 days) for application processing time and up to two weeks (14 days) before you receive your medications from us in the mail. Applications are processed in the order they are received and we work on processing applications each day. Thank you!
Click to watch video:
Why is it Important?
- Medication compliance is one of the most important modifiable factors in the managing of chronic or complex diseases to improve health.
- The WMDP is connecting with providers around the state to refer patients which improved prescription access for those in need.
- Since beginning in 2007, the program has helped Wyoming residents fill OVER 150,000 prescriptions (worth over $25 million) they could not have afforded otherwise.
- In 2019, WMDP filled nearly 10,000 prescriptions with donated medicine free of charge for qualified patients.
- Keeping medications from polluting our streams and landfills supports Wyoming population health as a whole.
- Since 2009, nearly 20,000 pounds of unacceptable medications have been safely incinerated.
- Since July 2008, the program has processed over 88,000 pounds of donated medications and medical supplies for redistribution.
- Removing unused medications from homes reduces the risk of accidental poisonings and drug abuse.
- More than 66,000 young children visit Emergency Rooms each year because of medication poisonings.
- Donating your unused medications helps reduce the risk of poisonings in your home, keeping the ones you love safe.
- In 2005 the Drug Donation Program Act was passed by the Wyoming Legislature allowing unused medications to be donated to participating donation sites to be dispensed to Wyoming residents who cannot afford their medications. The Wyoming Department of Health, Division of Healthcare Financing coordinates this program.
- The program has changed locations several times as it as grown throughout the years. Click here to view: WMDP Locations Through the Years
- Click here to view the Drug Donation Program Act W.S. § 35-7-1601 et. seq. and the Wyoming Administrative Procedures Act W.S. § 16-3-101 et.seq.
Don’t let unused medicine go to waste!
Bright Ideas is an initiative that recognizes creative and promising government programs and partnerships. The initiative is offered through the Innovations in Government Program, a program of the Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation at Harvard Kennedy School. For more information, please visit https://www.innovations.harvard.edu/wyoming-medication-donation-program