The Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) requires a background screening for the following people:
- Employees providing direct care services at a WDH-operated direct care facility,
- A WDH employee in the Wyoming Public Health Laboratory, Vital Statistic Services, WIC or individuals working with minors, elderly or individuals suffering mental illness or developmental disabilities.
- County employees in Public Health Nursing
- Developmental Disabilities Waivers (DD) Provider applicants,
- HCBS Waiver Self Directed Provider
- Individuals over the age of 18 living in a home of a provider, where services are provided (DD Waiver Only).
Background screenings may include a criminal history screening, a Department of Family Services (DFS) Central Registry screening and a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Exclusions Database search.
If you need a background screening, please complete the appropriate cover sheet, two fingerprint cards, a Central Registry screening form, and a check/money order.
Please send all background screening applications by mail to:
2300 Capitol Ave, 4th Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Results are sent by secure email. Secure emails expire after 14 days. Be sure to check your email regularly, including your spam folder.