The Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) requires a background screening for the following people:
- Employees providing direct care services at a WDH-operated direct care facility.
- A WDH employee in the Wyoming Public Health Laboratory, Vital Statistics Services, WIC, or individuals working with minors, elderly or individuals suffering mental illness or developmental disabilities.
- County employees in Public Health Nursing.
- Developmental Disabilities Waivers (DD) provider applicants.
- HCBS Self-Directed Waiver provider.
- Individuals over the age of 18 living in a home of a provider where services are provided (DD Waiver only).
Background screenings include a criminal history screening, a Department of Family Services (DFS) Central Registry screening and a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Exclusions Database search.
Every application should contain the following:
1.The Background Submission Cover Sheet. Please make sure that all the information below is included on the cover sheet.
- Name of applicant
- Applicant’s DOB
- Applicant’s Social Security Number
- Applicant’s email address
- Applicant’s phone #
- Provider name
- Employer name when requesting for DD Waiver or ACES$
- Employer’s email address
- Employer’s phone number
2. Two Fingerprint Cards
- Fingerprint cards can be obtained for free from DCI or from the WDH Director’s Office, located at 2300 Capitol Ave, 4th Floor, in Cheyenne. If you would like to have fingerprint cards mailed to you, please send an email request with your mailing address to email@example.com.
- Applicants may arrange for fingerprinting at a local law enforcement agency or at the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI), located at 208 S. College Dr., in Cheyenne. Appointments can be made with the division by calling 307-777-7181. Applicants desiring fingerprinting services from a local law enforcement agency should call the agency to determine what days or times they support fingerprinting services. In addition, an applicant must present a current government-issued photo identification card, e.g. driver’s license, state identification card or passport, at the time of fingerprinting.
- Please use the FBI Code List, and Fingerprint Card Required Boxes instructions to ensure fingerprint cards are completed correctly.
3. Payment of $49 per person on a check or money order. We do not accept credit cards or electronic payments. Mail or bring in to:
Wyoming Department of Health
Attn: Background Specialist
2300 Capitol Ave., 4th Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002
4. After the application has been received, an email will be sent to the participant with a link to fill out an electronic form. The applicant must complete and submit the electronic form to start the background check with the Central Registry.
Results are sent by secure email. Secure emails expire after 14 days. Be sure to check your email regularly, including your spam folder.