The Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) requires a background screening for the following people:
- Employees providing direct care services at a WDH-operated direct care facility,
- A WDH employee in the Wyoming Public Health Laboratory, Vital Statistic Services, WIC or individuals working with minors, elderly or individuals suffering mental illness or developmental disabilities.
- County employees in Public Health Nursing
- Developmental Disabilities Waivers (DD) Provider applicants,
- HCBS Waiver Self Directed Provider
- Individuals over the age of 18 living in a home of a provider, where services are provided (DD Waiver Only).
Background screenings may include a criminal history screening, a Department of Family Services (DFS) Central Registry screening and a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Exclusions Database search.
If you need a background screening, please complete the appropriate cover sheet, two fingerprint cards, a Central Registry screening form, and a check/money order.
Please send all background screening applications by mail to:
2300 Capitol Ave, 4th Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Results are sent by secure email. Be sure to check your email regularly, including your spam folder.