The Veterans’ Home of Wyoming (VHW) provides a secure, caring home for veterans in a beautiful mountainside setting in Buffalo. VHW offers more than just room and board or medical support; we strive to be a community of caring people.
VHW offers two distinct but connected communities:
VHW Assisted Living Community
This community offers what is known as “domiciliary care,” which is similar to assisted living care in the private sector and includes food, shelter and other support.
Residents are able to maintain their own basic activities of daily living, but may need a little help or may face challenges that prevent them from earning a living through employment.
- There are two-room suites for married couples and private rooms for single residents.
- Residents are free to come and go as they please, with plenty of transportation. Some residents have their own vehicles.
VHW Skilled Nursing Community
This community offers skilled nursing care, which is similar to what is found in private sector nursing homes. Three specialized cottages offer a resident-centered model of care known as the “Greenhouse” approach.
- Residents in this community receive food and shelter, and reached a point where they need a higher level of care.
- There are three new modern cottages with single rooms for each resident.
- Each cottage includes a fireplace, as well as a living and dining area to ensure a homelike atmosphere and setting.