Wyoming residents with limited resources to purchase medications may be eligible to receive donated medications from the Wyoming Medication Donation Program (WMDP) via mail or a participating Dispensing Site. The medication donation program is intended for short-term assistance. Donations fluctuate and medications may not always be available or be available in a desired quantity. Patients should research other alternatives to receive consistent long-term assistance.
In order to receive assistance from the WMDP, patients must meet ALL of the following eligibility requirements:
1. Wyoming Resident
2. Limited resources to purchase prescription medications, as determined by the Dispensing Site. Generally, eligibility requirements:
- Low-Income (200% Federal Poverty Level or below)
- No Prescription Insurance, or Wyoming Medicaid
- Contact your local Dispensing site for details
3. A current prescribing physician/practitioner prescription is required
**Each recipient must sign a release form stating that they understand the immunity provisions of the program and acknowledge that the medication was originally dispensed to another patient and has been donated to the Wyoming Medication Donation Program for re-dispensing**
• Prescription Medications
• Limited Over-The-Counter Medications
• Narcotics and other controlled substance (e.g. medications for pain, sleep, anxiety, ADHD)
• Refrigerated medications
Dispensing sites may charge up to $10 per prescription to cover dispensing fees. Contact your local Dispensing site for details
Patients should research other alternatives to receive consistent, long-term assistance with their medications. The following links will aid patients in finding a long-term solution for their medications.
Once you have checked your eligibility, please complete this application. Be sure to follow all of the instructions and call if there are any questions.
To be eligible for the program:
- Fully complete the application. Do not leave any blanks
- Attach the proof of income
- Attach the proof of residency
- Sign the Notice of Privacy Practices (NOPP)
If one of those is not complete, it will take longer before you can be approved for the Wyoming Medication Donation Program
***Note: It is NOT possible to complete the application online and email from this website. Printing the application, and scanning it to email is possible, however the network may not be secure and this is not the preferred method. Faxing the application, and calling to be sure we received it, it the best method.***
The Dispensing Sites listed below work with the WMDP to provide patients in those towns with local aid. Please contact the Dispensing Site closest to you to see how you can apply through them. If there is not a site near you, please contact us and we can mail the medications directly to your door.
- Health Care for the Homeless: (Ph) 307-235-6116
- University of Wyoming Family Medicine Residency Program: (Ph) 307-234-6161
- Health Works Pharmacy: (Ph) 307-637-7000
- Cedar Mountain Center (West Park Hospital): (Ph) 307-578-2529
- Downtown Clinic: (Ph) 307-745-8445
- Midwest Community Clinic: (Ph) 307-437-6513
- Sheridan Health Center: (Ph) 307-674-6995