MCH Epidemiology supports the Public Health Division in the following ways:
- Coordination of needs assessment activities to monitor the health of all mothers, children and youth in the state
- Collection and analysis of MCH data
- Report preparation in response to inquiries from the media, community health planners, legislators, and advocacy groups
- Design of special studies for MCH issues
- Monitoring progress toward national and state performance objectives
- Provision of data to support policy changes and evaluation support of MCH interventions
MCH Epidemiology also supports the MCH Unit
As part of the support provided to the Wyoming MCH Unit, MCH Epidemiology monitors and evaluates health data specific to the maternal and child health (MCH) population in Wyoming. This data helps drives the identification of Wyoming’s MCH priorities. To find data on current Wyoming MCH Priorities, as well as an MCH Outcome and Performance Measure Dashboard visit the Wyoming MCH Priorities Data page.
To learn more about maternal and child health in Wyoming and Wyoming’s MCH priorities visit the MCH Unit webpage.
MCH Reports (Wyoming Department of Health)
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) Fact Sheet (2016-2021)
- Substance Exposed Neonates in Wyoming (2016-2021)
- Teen Births 2017
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Nutrition and Nutrition Strategies
- Physical Activity and Physical Activity Strategies
- Obesity and Obesity Prevention Strategies
For Wyoming Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) specific reports, see the Wyoming PRAMS Data: Fact Sheets and Data Tables webpage.
MCH Priority Specific Data Briefs can be found on the Wyoming MCH Priority Data webpage.
- MCH 2021-2025 Priorities are:
- Prevent Maternal Mortality
- Prevent Infant Mortality
- Promote Healthy and Safe Children
- Prevent Adolescent Suicide
- Promote Adolescent Motor Vehicle Safety
- Improve Systems of Care for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
MCH Dashboards (Wyoming Department of Health)
- MCH National and State Outcome and Performance Measure Dashboard – See Wyoming MCH Priority Data webpage for additional details and data.
- MCH Vital Statistic (VSS) Trend Dashboard
- Wyoming Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) Dashboard (2016-2019)
- Wyoming Early and Periodic Screen, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT) Trends Dashboard
- Wyoming Rape Prevention and Education (RPE) Program Indicator Dashboard
About the Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS)
The Wyoming Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System is a survey designed by the Centers for Disease Control in partnership with the Wyoming Department of Health. The survey is sent to women who have recently given birth. Questions in the survey ask women about their behaviors and experiences before, during, and after pregnancy. The information PRAMS collects helps identify areas of need for pregnant women in the state. Check out our PRAMS site.