he State Plan is a contract between a State and the Federal government, enabling the delivery of health care. It ensures that a State abides by Federal rules and gets FFP. The State Plan sets out groups to be covered, services provided and limitations, reimbursement methodologies, and administrative requirements.
To view the process on getting a State Plan Amendment approved click on the flow chart link.
Public Notices for Pending State Plan Amendments
Public Notices for Pending Waiver Amendments
Public Notice Archives
- Public Notice – posted 1/30/20 CCW Waiver Amendment
- Public Notice – posted 02/18/20 Reasonable Limits on Amounts for Necessary Medical or Remedial Care Not Covered
- Public Notice – posted 06/24/20 Hospital Affiliated Professional Services Supplemental Payment Program
- Public Notice – posted 09/01/20 Streamlined Application Changes
- Public Notice – posted 10/5/20 Proposed Medicaid Managed Care State Quality Review Strategy
- Public Notice – posted 11/18/20 MEBS Update Support Act 1012
- Public Notice – posted 12/09/20 Durable Medical Equipment
- Public Notice – posted 12/09/20 Indian Health Facilities
- Public Notice – posted 12/15/20 Rehabilitative Services
- Public Notice – posted 01/05/21 Dental Service Providers
- Public Notice – posted 01/25/21 Physician Service Providers
- Public Notice – posted 2/26/21 Drug Coverage
- Public Notice – posted 2/26/21 Medication Assisted Treatment
- Public Notice – posted 3/12/21 Covered Services
- Public Notice – posted 4-26-21 40 Quarters Requirement Change
- Public Notice – Posted 4/20/21 Removal of PACE
- Public Notice -Posted 9/29/21 Deprivation Removal
- Public Notice – Posted 1/21/22 School Based Services
- Public Notice – Posted 1/26/22 COVID-19 Vaccine DR SPA
- Public Notice – Posted 3/03/22 Clinical Trials
Proposed State Plan Amendments
Table of Contents
Section 1 - Single State Agency Organization
This section provides information regarding the State’s designation of the Wyoming Medicaid Single State Agency, the authority under which it operates and a description of the organization, statewide operation and the State Medical Care Advisory Committee.
Section 2 - Coverage and Eligibility
This section outlines coverage and eligibility conditions for Wyoming Medicaid such as the categories of eligible persons and the levels of income, resources and assets required to assess financial eligibility for the various programs and groups.
Section 3 - Services: General Provisions
This section provides information on amount, duration and scope of Wyoming Medicaid services including coordination with Medicare Part B, services for elderly or those in institutions for mental disease, special requirements for sterilization procedures, Medicaid for Medicare cost sharing for qualified Medicare beneficiaries, and ambulatory prenatal care for pregnant women during the presumptive eligibility period.
Section 4 - General Program Administration
This section provides information on general program administration, quality and utilization control and provider reimbursement. It also includes sections on hearing for applicants and recipients, fraud detection, facility surveys and inspections and the appeals process.
4.17 Liens and Recoveries
4.19 Payment for Services
4.23 Use of Contracts
4.11-A Standards for Institutions
4.19-C Payments for Reserved Beds
Section 5 - Personnel Administration
This section details the standards for personnel administration in the Medicaid program and provides assurances the State is in compliance with Federal Regulations regarding personnel administration standards and training.
Section 6 - Financial Administration
This section provides assurances the State is in compliance with Federal Regulations regarding fiscal policies and accountability, cost allocation and financial participation.
6.2 Cost Allocation
Section 7 - General Provisions
This section covers additional federal requirements such as State Plan amendments, nondiscrimination and the Governor’s review.
7.1 Plan Amendments