The following resources are available for EMS educators.
EMS Education Agenda for the Future
- The Education Agenda describes a consensus vision for EMS education system of the future and defines its components.
- Link to the EMS Agenda for the Future
National EMS Education Standards
- The National EMS Education Standards outline the minimal terminal objectives for entry-level EMS personnel consistent with the levels outlined in the National EMS Scope of Practice Model.
- National EMS Education Standards
- Emergency Medical Responder Instructional Guidelines
- Emergency Medical Technician Instructional Guidelines
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician Instructional Guidelines
- Paramedic Instructional Guidelines
National EMS Core Content
- The National EMS Core Content, released in 2004, defines the entire domain of EMS care — the knowledge and skills necessary in the out-of-hospital setting regardless of the level of practice.
- National EMS Core Content
These and additional resources are available at NHTSA’s Office of EMS website at https://www.ems.gov/education.html
National Association of EMS Educators and Wyoming Coordinator status
EMS Education Coordinators in Wyoming are required to complete the National Association of EMS Educators (NAEMSE) Level 1 course or its equivalent and a Wyoming EMS Educator orientation session.
For information on NAEMSE courses and documents, please visit the NAEMSE site at https://naemse.org/.