Wyoming Continuing Education Process
To be eligible for renewal a licensee at all levels must have a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification from a national organization approved by the Division, and if renewing as an IEMT or paramedic, valid and current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from a national organization approved by the Division
The Wyoming OEMS requires continuing medical education (CME) hours as noted in this document for renewal. CME is defined as live instruction or distributed continuing medical education (DCME) approved by the OEMS or Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE). A licensee may receive credit for the completion of DCME for no more than one-half of the total required hours of CME coursework specific to the licensee’s level of licensure.
Activities that do not count toward CME are: performance of duties, preceptor hours, volunteer shift time, management courses, and instructor courses.
Duplicate Courses assigned to the same recertification application are not accepted.
Duplicate courses consist of the following:
- attended or instructed at the same education vendor, program, or agency
- course was taught by the same instructor
- same method of education (classroom, self-paced, virtual instructor-led, etc.)
- same course title.
College courses may be counted if they have a direct relationship with EMS activities.
The five categories of CME that are required are:
- Airway Management – education related to basic and advanced airway management, respiratory emergencies, and oxygenation.
- Pediatrics – education related to the assessment, care, and treatment of patients under 18 years of age.
- Trauma – education related to the assessment, care, and treatment of a patient who suffered a traumatic injury.
- Medical – education related to the assessment, care, and treatment of a patient who is experiencing a medical emergency.
- Elective – education related to operation topics including but not limited to ambulance safety, documentation, ICS, MCI, lifting and moving patients, scene safety, crew resource management, and medical research.
To view the Wyoming Renewal Guidance Document, click here -> WY Renewal Guidance
To access Chapter 18 of the EMS Rules, click here -> CHAPTER 18 – PERSONNEL LICENSURE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education Requirements
EMR CE Renewal Requirement
EMT CE Renewal Requirement
AEMT CE Renewal Requirement
IEMT CE Renewal Requirement
Paramedic CE Renewal Requirement