BHC Meeting Announcements
The Wyoming Behavioral Health Advisory Council invites you to attend its meetings.
Generally the meetings will take place 8:30-3:30 in Cheyenne.
Wyoming Behavioral Health Council
The Wyoming Behavioral Health Advisory Council (BHAC) is a majority consumer and family member advisory body to state and local government, the Wyoming State Legislature, and residents of Wyoming on mental health and substance abuse services in Wyoming. The vision and mission of the BHAC guides its ability to review and recommend evidence based approaches to be supported with the federal SAMHSA Mental Health and Substance Abuse Block Grant.
BHAC Mission Statement
Become a BHAC Member
- Click Here to access the Governor’s Boards and Commissions webpage
- Find the “Behavioral Health Advisory Council” in the “Boards and Commissions” dropdown
- Download and fill out the application
- Send the form into the Governor’s office
Block Grant Information
The Mental Health and Substance Abuse Block Grants were created in 1981 by congressional funding requested by President Reagan. Originally, the funding was designed to provide maximum flexibility to provide mental health and substance abuse services. Requirements have been added over the years to improve state accountability. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA) manages the federal grant process. Funding and requirements for expenditure are separated into mental health and substance abuse services. While funding levels vary year to year, the Mental Health and Substance Abuse Block Grants average approximately $4,500,000 per year combined.
- Wyoming Department of Health
Behavioral Health Division
6101 Yellowstone Road Suite 220
Cheyenne, WY 82002
- Board Contact: Dani Sullivan, State Planner, at 307-777-7903
- Board Chair: Paul Demple, at 307-672-8958