Welcome to Wyoming’s Substance Use Disorder Services and Community Mental Health Center Provider Certification Program
Thank you for your interest regarding State of Wyoming certification, which is required of programs, providers, or facilities in Wyoming to provide substance use disorder services, including substance use disorder assessment, for court-ordered or referred clients, or to receive State of Wyoming funds to provide substance use disorder services and/or community mental health center services per Wyoming Statute and Wyoming Rules and Regulations:
- “Beginning July 1, 2004, no state funds provided for substance abuse treatment shall be allocated to programs, providers, or facilities which are not certified by the department of health. Beginning July 1, 2004, courts shall not refer individuals for substance abuse or related treatment to programs, providers, or facilities which are not certified to provide those services for which the individual is referred.” Wyo. Stat. Ann. 9-2-2701(c).
- “All programs receiving funds from the Division shall request regular certification and recertification in accordance with these rules in order to continue to receive funding from the Division.” Rules and Regulations of the Division of Behavioral Health Personnel & Program Quality, amended February 1992, Chapter XIII, Section 1(b).
Please see the following provider certification procedure guidance documents: New Provider Certification Guidance and Renewal Provider Certification Procedures Guidance on the associated pages for additional guidance. Please see Wyoming Department of Health Rules and Regulations on the following web page: Rules and Regulations .
To complete the online application for both new and renewal certification, please use the Substance Use Disorder and Community Mental Health Center Provider Portal Application Manual.
Regarding professional licensing questions, please contact the state licensing board applicable for your profession. The Wyoming Mental Health Professional Licensing Board may be contacted via information found on their website at: http://mentalhealth.wyo.
For Wyoming’s Substance Use Disorder Services and Community Mental Health Center Provider Certification Program
This section gains access to the online certification program Information Management for Providers (IMPROV) Provider Portal for renewal providers.
The website to the online application is www.wyoproviderportal.com.
DUI/MIP and Substance Use Disorder Provider Education
DUI/MIP Education State-Approved Curricula
For more information about Wyoming substance use disorder provider services or DUI/MIP education, please call the Behavioral Health Division at 1-800-535-4006
Substance Use Disorder Provider Learning Opportunities and Supplemental Material Resources
- Center for the Application for Substance Abuse Technologies – CASAT: https://training.casat.org/products
- American Society of Addiction Medicine – ASAM: http://www.asam.org/
- Addiction Technology Transfer Center Network – ATTC: http://www.attcnetwork.org/calendar/search.aspx
- SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions: http://www.integration.samhsa.gov/clinical-practice/substance_use/trainings
- SAMHSA’s Health e Knowledge: http://healtheknowledge.org/
- Hazelden Publishing – Marijuana Brief Intervention: http://www.hazelden.org/OA_
HTML/item/442137?Marijuana- Brief-Intervention-Collection& src_url=itemquest
- Hazelden Publishing – ASI-MV (Adult), BHI-MV (Adult), and CHAT (Adolescent) Assessment: http://www.hazelden.org/web/
- The Change Companies – ASAM eTrainings including Module 1: Multidimensional Assessment and Module 2: From Assessment to Service Planning and Level of Care: https://www.changecompanies.
net/etraining/ (please scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ASAM Criteria Training)
- Prevention Research Institute – Prime Solutions Training: https://www.primeforlife.org/
- Mountain Plains Addition Technology Transfer Center (MPATTC): http://attcnetwork.org/regional-centers/?rc=mountainplains
Find Substance Use Disorder Services and Treatment Providers
Click Here to access the online certified substance use disorder services provider search page.
Please use the city or county drop-down box to find a provider near you. A .pdf or Excel document of the provider search may be downloaded.
Click Here for a list of Residential Substance Use Disorder Treatment Centers
Click Here for a list of Division-contracted Community Substance Use Disorder Services Providers.
Click Here for a list of Division-contracted Community Mental Health Center Providers.
The Wyoming Department of Health, Behavioral Health Division is providing this listing for your convenience and makes no endorsement of any provider. You as the consumer can make the decision which provider to use that best fits your needs.
Please contact the Behavioral Health Division Mental Health and Substance Abuse Sections’s Certification Program Manager if you have any questions, concerns, or need assistance: phone 1-800-535-4006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.