Thank you for your interest in becoming Community Choices Waiver (CCW) provider.
Before you can serve as a CCW provider, you must be certified by the Division of Healthcare Financing, Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Section. The initial provider certification process occurs in phases:
- Complete and submit a provider application using the application link in the Wyoming Health Provider (WHP) portal
- Please allow up to 48 hours for your access to the WHP portal to be approved, at which time you will receive a link to the application portal
- Complete a successful Background Screening
- Please refer to the Background Screening Resources toggle located on the CCW Providers and Case Managers page)
- Complete required trainings (located under the CCW Provider Initial Provider Training toggle)
- Complete your Medicaid enrollment and sign a Wyoming Medicaid Provider Agreement
- You will be prompted to complete this step as you work your way through the enrollment process
- You must select the correct provider type during enrollment. Click here for more information.
Please ensure ALL of the required documents, including background screening information and provider training summaries, have been uploaded before submitting your application.
Case Manager Certification Information
If you are applying to be a case manager, you will be pre-screened to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications. You are required to submit college transcripts and a resume before you will be authorized to submit an application. To do this, list yourself as Staff on the Demographics page of the WHP portal. You will be prompted to upload your documents.
CASE MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A case manager must:
- Obtain an NPI number in their name and submit a Medicaid enrollment application to the Division.
- Complete a successful background screening, which shall be available for Division review.
- Meet educational and work experience requirements as specified by the Division.
- Complete training requirements as specified by the Division:
- Required training is located under the CCW Case Manager Initial Case Manager Training toggle. Summaries of these trainings, or a certificate when applicable, must be available for Division review.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Case managers must be employed or contracted by a qualified case management agency and must have:
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in human services, social services, or a related field of study;
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in human services, social services, or a related field of study and one (1) year of related work experience in human or social services; or
- An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in human services, social services, or a related field of study and and four (4) years of related work experience in human or social services.
You are strongly encouraged to peruse the website for more information on CCW Services and the HCBS programs. Please contact the Certification and Credentialing team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.