Community Choices Waiver (CCW) case managers and providers must be approved by the State of Wyoming to provide waiver services. The application process requires providers to submit documentation of eligibility and in some cases may require a site visit. Providers may require different processes, documentation, and requirements due to federal and state regulation. No person or entity that provides services to a recipient shall receive Medicaid funds unless the person or entity is a party to a fully executed provider agreement, is enrolled, and has fulfilled all waiver program expectations.
To receive CCW case manager or provider communications please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Case Manager and Provider Resources
Case Manager Manual – Updated 1/3/2023
CCW Provider Manual – Updated 4/1/2023
CCW EMWS Help Desk – email@example.com
Please use the linked Naming Convention Guidelines when uploading documents to the Wyoming Health Provider (WHP) portal. Failure to properly name documents will result in your provider application being rejected.
Case Manager Support Call Notes
Provider Support Call Notes
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV)
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) is a federal requirement of the 21st Century Cures Act, which outlines the system requirements for compliance and uses technology to electronically capture information about when and where home and community-based services (HCBS) of the Medicaid waivers begin and end. The Wyoming Department of Health has partnered with CareBridge EVV as a solution, free of charge for CCW providers.
CCW waiver services requiring EVV data:
- Personal Support Services
- Home Health Aid
- Skilled Nursing
CareBridge EVV Reference Materials
Claim Cycle Reference
Background Screening Resources
As established in the Community Choices Waiver agreement, Appendix C-2, and Chapter 34 of the Wyoming Medicaid Rules, any person who may have unsupervised access to participants of the Community Choices Waiver by providing any of the following services shall complete and pass a background screening:
- Adult Day Services
- Assisted Living Facility Services
- Case Management
- Home Health Aide
- Personal Support Services
- Skilled Nursing Services
A complete background screening, as outlined in Appendix C-2 and Chapter 34(10)(d), includes:
- United States Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General (OIG), List of Excluded Individuals/Entities
- Searchable OIG Exclusions Database
- Any provider that hires an individual or entity listed on the OIG Exclusions Database may be subject to civil monetary penalties. To avoid these penalties, providers are required to routinely check the database – at least annually – to ensure that new hires and current employees are not listed.
- Wyoming Department of Family Services (DFS) Central Registry Check
- United States Department of Justice, National Sex Offender Public Website
- Name and Social Security Number based criminal background screening
- The HCBS Section does not support or recommend a specific agency to conduct background screenings. Providers are encouraged to review the background screening requirements and obtain screenings that meet these requirements. Some popular background screening agencies include: Direct Screening, Good Hire and Sentry Link.
Subsequent Background Screenings
- Circumstances can change over time; therefore, all CCW providers and associated staff are required to complete a full subsequent background screening every five years. The five years is calculated based on the date the last background screening results were issued.
Important Links and Resources
- Wyoming Health Provider Portal (WHP)- This website is used for official communication between the Division and providers. This portal will facilitate the submission of both initial and renewal applications, critical incidents, as well as complaints. Multiple employees under one agency may have access to the WHP, but it is the responsibility of the agency to assign each person’s role and permissions. For additional information on assigning roles, please see this guidance document.
- Wyoming Medicaid Provider Portal- This Portal is used for billing (also referred to as CNSI or BMS). If you have questions about claims, payment inquiries, member eligibility, or other claim submission questions, please contact:
- HHS Technology Group (PRESM) Provider Enrollment- This site is used for your provider updates, including email and physical address changes and banking information, as well as provider Medicaid enrollment and re-enrollment. Please note if you are updating your contact information (excluding banking information), you will need to contact HHS and the Credentialing Team to ensure your information is updated with both entities.
- CareBridge Health Electronic Visit Verification (EVV)- Some services* require EVV, if you have questions regarding EVV, EVV claim submissions, or need technical assistance with EVV, please contact:
- Electronic Medicaid Waiver System (EMWS)- For Case Managers Only, if you do not provide Case Management, you do NOT need access to this system.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org– Contact this email for Technical Assistance within EWMS. For any other questions, please contact your Benefits and Eligibility Specialist (BES)
- Telligen Help Desk- Contact Telligen for assistance or questions regarding the approval of skilled nursing services – (833) 610-1057. Site: https://www.telligen.com
Important Email Addresses:
Please add the following email addresses to your contacts to ensure emails are not sent to your Spam/Junk folder.
- email@example.com – Wyoming Department Emails will come from this email address. It will include relevant information about the Waiver(s), meeting dates and times for Provider calls, etc.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Emails regarding your Agency will be sent from this email address. The emails include any tasks, renewals/expirations, incidents, or other Division requests.
- email@example.com – The Credentialing Team email can be used to ask questions around your agency certifications, renewals, services, etc.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Contact this email for Technical Assistance within the WHP. Questions around your application or the process should be directed to your assigned Credentialing Specialist or the Credentialing Team email.
- email@example.com – Contact this email if you would like to add an email address for Division communications.