CAPPA is the statewide community planning group for HIV, AIDS, Hepatitis and Sexually Transmitted Infections in Wyoming. Community planning is a critical process by which the health department works in partnership with the community and key stakeholders to enhance access to HIV, Hepatitis, and STI prevention, care, and treatment services for high risk populations. CAPPA members can also advocate for consistent access to care and treatment across Wyoming.
Learn More About CAPPA
CAPPA is supported through cooperative agreements with the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and the Wyoming Department of Health.
The core objectives of community planning are:
- Bring together a diverse group of individuals concerned about HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis in the state of Wyoming
- Include members who are representative of various populations living with or at increased risk for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis and STIs
- Develop a Comprehensive Plan detailing Wyoming’s approaches to the care and prevention of HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis
- Evaluate strengths, weaknesses, barriers, and gaps in prevention and care service delivery in Wyoming
- Prioritize prevention interventions based on need, effectiveness, cost, theory, and community norms and values
- Advocate for consistent access to care and treatment across Wyoming.
Member positions include individuals from populations infected and affected by HIV and Hepatitis. There are positions that serve or have interest in community with technical expertise such as the Department of Education, Criminal Justice, Substance Abuse, etc. There are also 5 positions to include representation from across Wyoming that is divided into regions.
Please see our CAPPA Membership Grid, which outlines the positions within CAPPA.
Become a CAPPA Member
Applications for membership are accepted throughout the year and reviewed quarterly. CAPPA meets three to four times a year, in various locations around Wyoming. Meetings typically begin Friday afternoon and continue all day Saturday. All expenses associated with attendance at CAPPA meetings are reimbursed to members by the Wyoming Department of Health for members and applicants. Others are welcome to attend as all of the meetings are open to the public. The application for membership can be accessed below.
April 28-30, 2017
1701 Sheridan Ave
Cody, WY 82414
August 4-6, 2017
2800 W. Lincolnway
Cheyenne, WY 82009
October 20-22, 2017
Countdown to Next CAPPA Meeting