Official Wyoming Marriage or Divorce Certificate Application
This office is only able to issue official Wyoming marriage or divorce certificates for those events that occurred in Wyoming. If the marriage or divorce didn’t occur in Wyoming, we can’t issue a record.
If your vital event occurred in another state, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) “Where to Write” web page to find contact information for other states and territories.
Official Wyoming Marriage and Divorce Certificate Details
Official Wyoming marriage and divorce records may be obtained by:
- Either party
- Lawyer acting for either party
- Full names of applicant and spouse (husband, wife, or partner) including prior surname, if applicable
- Date of occurrence
- City or county of occurrence
- Signature of applicant or spouse (husband, wife, or partner) named on certificate
- Mailing address where official Wyoming marriage or divorce certificate record is to be mailed
- Identification: Requests must include a photocopy of the driver’s license, State ID card, or passport of the person requesting the official Wyoming marriage or divorce certificate. We will also accept a notarized signature of the person making the request. The copy should be enlarged to make sure it is legible.
- The fee for obtaining official Wyoming marriage or divorce certificates is $25
- If a record is not located, your $25 fee will be retained as a searching fee.
- Marriage and divorce records are on file from May 1941 to present. For previous records please contact Vital Statistics Services.
- Records that are over 50 years old may be obtained from the Wyoming State Archives unless a certified copy is required.
Payment and Expediting Requests for Official Wyoming Marriage or Divorce Certificates
Requests for official Wyoming marriage or divorce certificates should be submitted along with the fee. Money orders or a bank-personalized check from the person making the request should be made payable to Vital Statistics Services. Please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope with the request. All personal checks are only accepted when:
- The requestor is entitled to the record, and
- The check is bank-personalized and on the account of the person making the request
Third-party or non-bank personalized checks will not be processed.
- Requests for official Wyoming marriage or divorce certificates can be sent to Vital Statistics Services by any overnight delivery service. If you wish to have your certificates returned by means other than first class mail, please supply us with a Pre-Paid, self-addressed envelope for FedEx, UPS, or US Postal express mail. Both FedEx and UPS envelopes will be required to have a FedEx or UPS Account Number listed on the label and should list your address as both the sender and the addressee. We cannot accept labels that have a credit card number listed; these requests will be sent out First Class mail if received.
- We will process all requests as quickly as possible, but be aware it can take up to five business days for a request to be processed.
Vital Statistics Services
2300 Capitol Avenue
Cheyenne, WY 82002