Vital Statistics Services tabulates data from birth, death, stillbirth, marriage, divorce and annulment records filed with the office, and from transcripts of records from other states involving the death of a Wyoming resident or a birth to a mother who was a Wyoming resident. Although events are registered in the state in which they take place, the exchange of records between states allows the compilation of birth, death and stillbirth statistics by state and county of residence. Most of the birth and death information included is presented by place of residence. Headings of individual tables specify resident or occurrence data. Marriage and divorce data is limited to Wyoming occurrences.
The annual summary is a brief summary of events recorded during the calendar year and provides additional data on the preceding years.
Detailed and County Level Vital Statistics Data
- WY 2016 Resident Birth Rates by County
- WY 2002-2016 Resident Births by County
- WY 2002-2016 Occurrent Births by County
- WY 2016 Births by Place of Birth
- WY 2006-2016 Home Births
- WY 2002-2016 Resident Teen Births by County
- WY 2008-2016 Resident Teen Birth Rates by County
- WY 2006-2016 Resident Births by Mother’s Age
- WY 2006-2016 Low Birth Weight Resident Births by Mother’s Age
- WY 2009-2016 Low Birth Weight Resident Births by County
- WY 2006-2016 Resident Premature Births by Mother’s Age
- WY 2007-2016 Resident Mother’s Tobacco Use by Trimester and Mother’s Age
- WY 2006-2016 Resident Mother’s Prenatal Care by Type of Care and Mother’s Age
- WY 2006-2016 Resident Mothers Who Were First Time Mothers by Mother’s Age
- WY 2006-2016 Resident Mothers Who Breastfed at Discharge by Mother’s Age
- WY 2009-2016 Resident Mothers Who Breastfed at Discharge by County
- WY 2006-2016 Resident Mothers Where the Primary Source of Payment was Medicaid by Mother’s Age
- WY 2009-2016 Resident Mothers Where the Primary Source of Payment was Medicaid by County
- WY 2016 Resident Death Rates by County
- WY 2002-2016 Resident Deaths by County
- WY 2002-2016 Occurrent Deaths by County
- WY 2000-2016 Resident Deaths by Natal Period
- WY 2000-2016 Resident Deaths by Burial Method
- WY 2016 Top Five Causes of Death by County
- WY 2000-2016 Age-Adjusted Suicide Rates by County
- WY 2007-2016 Ten Year Age-Adjusted Suicide Rate by County
- WY 2007-2016 Suicides by Means
Definitions and Technical Calculations
Birth County Level Data (Maternal and Child Health)
Wyoming & Maternal County of Residence, 2006-2015
- Full Term Births (39-41 weeks)
- Early Term Births (37-38 weeks)
- Preterm Births (<37 weeks)
- Late Preterm (34-36 weeks)
- Smoking During Pregnancy
- Women Who Quit Smoking Before Pregnancy
- Women Who Quit Smoking During Pregnancy
Maternal Weight Gain
- No High School Dipoloma or GED (<HS)
- High School Dipoloma or GED (HS/GED)
- Some college or Higher (HS+)
For more information on maternal and child health outcomes, please visit Maternal Child Health Epidemiology website.
Our office publishes Provisional Data quarterly to inform the public of the latest birth and death statistics for the state and counties. The birth data includes live births, births to teens, and low birth weight, death data includes deaths, infant deaths, and neonatal deaths.
2016-2017 Provisional Data
2017 Provisional Data by County
Individuals or organizations that have need of specific data or are not unable to locate the information they need may submit a form to the Vital Statistics Office to obtain specific data.
If you have questions regarding Vital Statistics data or how to obtain data please contact 307-777-7632 or send an email.
To obtain Vital Statistics Data, please complete this Data Request Form & send the completed request to:
Vital Statistics Services
2300 Capitol Avenue
Hathaway Building, First Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002
When submitting the form please be sure to include all pages.