Vital Statistics Services tabulates data from birth, death, stillbirth, marriage, divorce and annulment records filed with the office, and from transcripts of records from other states involving the death of a Wyoming resident or a birth to a mother who was a Wyoming resident. Although events are registered in the state in which they take place, the exchange of records between states allows the compilation of birth, death and stillbirth statistics by state and county of residence. Most of the birth and death information included is presented by place of residence. Headings of individual tables specify resident or occurrence data. Marriage and divorce data is limited to Wyoming occurrences.
The annual summary is a brief summary of events recorded during the calendar year and provides additional data on the preceding years.
Detailed and County Level Vital Statistics Data
- WY 2015 Resident Birth Rates by County
- WY 2001-2015 Resident Births by County
- WY 2001-2015 Occurrent Births by County
- WY 2006-2015 Home Births
- WY 2001-2015 Resident Teen Births by County
- WY 2008-2015 Resident Teen Birth Rates by County
- WY 2006-2015 Resident Births by Mother’s Age
- WY 2006-2015 Low Birth Weight Resident Births by Mother’s Age
- WY 2008-2015 Low Birth Weight Resident Births by County
- WY 2006-2015 Resident Premature Births by Mother’s Age
- WY 2006-2015 Resident Mother’s Tobacco Use by Trimester and Mother’s Age
- WY 2006-2015 Resident Mother’s Prenatal Care by Type of Care and Mother’s Age
- WY 2006-2015 Resident Mothers Who Were First Time Mothers by Mother’s Age
- WY 2006-2015 Resident Mothers Who Breastfed at Discharge by Mother’s Age
- WY 2008-2015 Resident Mothers Who Breastfed at Discharge by County
- WY 2006-2015 Resident Mothers Where the Primary Source of Payment was Medicaid by Mother’s Age
- WY 2008-2015 Resident Mothers Where the Primary Source of Payment was Medicaid by County
- WY 2015 Resident Death Rates by County
- WY 2001-2015 Resident Deaths by County
- WY 2001-2015 Occurrent Deaths by County
- WY 2000-2015 Resident Deaths by Natal Period
- WY 2000-2015 Resident Deaths by Burial Method
- WY 2015 Top Five Causes of Death by County
- WY 2000-2015 Age-Adjusted Suicide Rates by County
- WY 2007-2015 Nine Year Age-Adjusted Suicide Rate by County
- WY 2007-2015 Suicides by Means
Definitions and Technical Calculations
Our office publishes Provisional Data quarterly to inform the public of the latest birth and death statistics for the state and counties. The birth data includes live births, births to teens, and low birth weight, death data includes deaths, infant deaths, and neonatal deaths.
2016 Provisional Data
2015-2016 Provisional Data
Individuals or organizations that have need of specific data or are not unable to locate the information they need may submit a form to the Vital Statistics Office to obtain specific data.
If you have questions regarding Vital Statistics data or how to obtain data please contact 307-777-7632 or send an email.
To obtain Vital Statistics Data, please complete this Data Request Form & send the completed request to:
Vital Statistics Services
2300 Capitol Avenue
Hathaway Building, First Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002
When submitting the form please be sure to include all pages.