The Wyoming Primary Care Office is established by funding from the federal Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). HRSA provides funding to states to improve access to care for underserved populations. A great deal of this funding from HRSA comes to Wyoming from the National Health Service Corps directly to physicians and other healthcare professionals for working in Healthcare Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs). In Wyoming, the Primary Care Office is one part of the Office of Rural Health, and as such provides technical assistance to parties that may qualify for these programs.
The Wyoming Primary Care Office, through partnerships with the Wyoming Health Resources Network and the Wyoming Primary Care Association works with health care providers and communities to improve access to care. This is done by:
- Recruiting and retaining providers to practice in federally designated shortage areas using federal funding ( National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment and Scholarship Programs and NURSE Corps Loan Repayment and Scholarship Programs); and
- Recruiting and retaining providers to practice in medically underserved areas using federal and state funding (Wyoming Provider Recruitment Program and Wyoming State Loan Repayment Program); and
The Wyoming Primary Care Office receives money via a grant from HRSA to coordinate and execute programs focusing on uninsured, underserved, and special needs populations in Wyoming.
- Loan Repayment Program – Information on the NHSC Loan Repayment Program
- Scholars Program – Information on NHSC Scholarships
- Applications – Applications for sites and individuals applying for Loan Repayment and Scholar programs. Click on the “Customer Service Portal” on either the Loan Repayment page or the Sites/Communities page to apply. If you have questions, feel free to contact the Wyoming Office of Rural Health for assistance.
J-1 CONRAD 30 VISA WAIVERS
This program allows non-US citizen physicians in the US to apply for a visa waiver to stay in the US to practice. Wyoming will act as an interested government agency.
- Wyoming Conrad 30 J-1 Visa Waiver Program Guidelines and Application Information
- Wyoming J-1 Visa Waiver Policy Affidavit and Agreement
- Wyoming J-1 Visa Waiver Physician Reporting Form
More information is available at the bottom of our Workforce Development page.