The Healthy Heart Ambassador Blood Pressure Self Monitoring (HHA-BPSM) program is a four (4) month long CDC approved lifestyle change program aimed to control high blood pressure for those with hypertension.
The Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring program is a 4-month program that includes ten minute consultations with a program facilitator during drop in office hours, weekly check-ins from the program facilitator by phone, email or text, and monthly nutrition education seminars. Program participants are asked to attend two personalized consultations per month (office hours) as well as the monthly nutrition education seminars.
How you can benefit from this program
- Joining the Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring program is an investment in your health and a commitment to reducing your risk for heart attack or stroke.
- One of the benefits of the program is the support you will receive to develop the habit of self-monitoring to lower or better manage your blood pressure.
- The value is in investing in your own health to reduce your risk for heart disease.
- The fee for the program also ensures the program is sustainable and can benefit others who have high blood pressure.
Participant Eligibility Requirements
- Be at least 18 years old or older
- Been diagnosed with high blood pressure and/or are on antihypertensive medication
- Not experienced a recent (within the last 12 months) cardiac event
- Not have atrial fibrillation or other arrhythmias
- Not have or are not at risk for lymphedema
Locations and Contact Information
Washakie County Extension Office- classes starting soon
1200 Culbertson Ave. Suite G
Worland, WY 82401
Carbon County Extension Office- classes starting soon
215 W Buffalo, Suite 329
Rawlins, WY, 82301
Hot Springs County Extension Office- classes starting soon
328 Arapahoe Street
Thermopolis, WY 82443
47 Boulder Flats Road
Lander, Wyoming 82520
2508 E. Fox Farm Rd. 1-1A
Cheyenne WY 82007
Self Referral Form
If you are interested in joining a HHA-BPSM Program, please fill out this self referral form.