Nursing services staff at the Wyoming Pioneer Home (WPH) help coordinate prescription medication needs for those who wish the help and maintains prescription records. Residents also receive a monthly check for weight and blood pressure to help ensure their health. Residents are free to use any local physician of their choice. The nursing staff is available to help with all medical and dental appointments, including providing transportation.
We provide limited personal assistance for our residents including making the bed, bathing help and supplemental dressing assistance (with tedhose, pulling up socks or putting on shoes).
Three nutritious, home-cooked meals are served seven days a week in our dining room. A hot, made-to-order breakfast is served 7-8:30 a.m. Dinner (main meal of the day) is served at 12:20 p.m. and supper, featuring lighter fare, is at 5:30 p.m. Meals are a social time at WPH and residents are encouraged to join the community in the dining room.
Housekeeping and Maintenance
Our housekeeping and maintenance staff take great pride in keeping WPH to the highest standard of clean. It shows in our well-maintained grounds and spotless interior.
Resident rooms are cleaned weekly and are provided clean linens and towels. Laundry is washed, dried, folded and returned to residents weekly. Residents are also welcome to do their own laundry in our free basement facilities.
WPH employs a full-time recreational director who organizes, directs and supervises group and individual activities. Residents are encouraged to participate and to keep busy. Everyone enjoys the natural beauty of Thermopolis with strolls through Hot Springs State Park and WPH grounds. A weekly newsletter is delivered every Friday to resident mailboxes with an event schedule, reminders, notices and scores of the previous week’s activities. Examples of some of our activities include music, card clubs, bingo, hand shuffleboard, darts, bowling, mental games, senior exercise, picnics and seasonal outings.
Nondenominational services are offered at 4 p.m. Sunday by the Thermopolis Ministerial Association in our private chapel.
- WPH has an emergency call system as well as 24 hour staffing and emergency response.
- WPH offers a 24-hour library complete with large print books, videos, DVD’s, music and computers.
- The local senior center provides in-town transportation for a nominal donation.
- WPH has a parking lot for those who own a vehicle.
- Private storage lockers are available for each resident to store items that are needed only occasionally (holiday decorations, coats, luggage, etc.)
- A local volunteer is available for those who do not wish to travel outside of WPH to get needed items. “Grey Lady” orders are accepted in the administration office for local shopping. Orders must be in by Wednesday by noon for shopping on Thursday.
- A licensed cosmetologist is available two days a week by appointment in our private beauty shop on Nurse Lane. Charges are posted in the shop.
- Each resident has their own mailbox. Mail is picked up every day (except weekends and holidays) by the local post office.