The Wyoming Pioneer Home (WPH) was built in three separate stages. The main (middle) section of the building was constructed in 1949. The second stage (The Montgomery Home for the Blind) on the east end and was added on in 1953 through a bequest by Roy Montgomery, the late senator from Gillette. The third and final stage (The Kuiper Addition) on the west end was added on in 1955. WPH recently underwent a complete remodel of resident rooms as well as the dining and activity rooms. From the beautiful floors to the comfortable rooms, WPH will not disappoint.
WPH offers private studio apartments with a large bathroom. Each room has individually controlled heating and air conditioning and is furnished with a twin bed, night stand, desk with a chair and a metal wastebasket.
Each resident wing has its own common living room. The living rooms have couches, chairs, table and a TV with cable. These units are for the enjoyment of the residents and can be used for visiting, playing cards, visiting with family/friends, reading and relaxing. There are also multiple sunrooms throughout the facility that can be used for the same purposes.