State Health Improvement Planning
The SHIP Steering Committee is guiding the state health improvement planning efforts. The general process is outlined in the image below. The priority-selection process has just been completed. The resulting priorities are Behavioral Health, Access to Health Care, and Unintentional Injury. We will be moving into strategy development next.Click on the image to enlarge.
Below, you will find more information and/or products related to each phase.
What does the future look like?
Casting a vision for a healthier future provides a great anchor for every step that follows.
See our vision and values for the SHIP by clicking the the link below.
Priorities give us focus.
Using data and insight from communities, partners, and staff, we gain clarity on what the most pressing issues are.
Available priority documents are listed below.
Issue Briefs (coming soon)
How will we get there?
Once we understand our most pressing issues, we can identify the best ways to address them for our state.
Strategy documents coming soon.
SHIP Strategy Maps (coming soon)
SHIP Full Document (coming soon)
2018 State Health Assessment
The final assessment was published on March 8, 2019. You can view/download the full document or individual sections by clicking on the links below. You can also find SHA data in an interactive format by visiting this site.
2018 State Health Assessment (full document)
Executive Summary and Key Findings
Introduction and Approach
Wyoming in Context
Social and Economic Factors
Appendix A – Methods
Appendix B – Community Perceptions, WDH Results
Appendix C – County Snapshots
Appendix D – Capacity Assessment Results
The steering committee represents a variety of sectors and agencies in Wyoming. The purpose of the steering committee is to provide leadership and guidance for the state health assessment (SHA) and state health improvement planning (SHIP) efforts.
- participate in regular meetings;
- support process and product decision-making;
- provide their unique perspective on health issues, data, and resources; and
- demonstrate a shared commitment to assessing and improving population health in Wyoming.
Current membership includes representatives in the following sectors:
- government (state and local elected official, government employee, etc.)
- healthcare (medical and behavioral healthcare providers, professional associations, etc.)
- complementary service providers (public safety, arts, etc.)
- education (education organizations, colleges, etc.)
- community (concerned residents)
If you have questions or comments about the SHA, SHIP, or related processes, please contact Feliciana Turner, performance improvement manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 307-777-8946.