More Locations Added as Public Health Priority Meetings Continue
October 1, 2019
The Wyoming Department of Health’s Public Health Division invites residents to help set potential priorities for its state health improvement plan (SHIP) by joining one of an upcoming series of meetings.
“Last year, we completed what’s known as a ‘State Health Assessment’ process for Wyoming,” said Stephanie Pyle, Public Health Division senior administrator with the department. “Our next step is setting priorities to help guide our state health improvement efforts for the next five years.”
Pyle invited anyone interested in participating to attend. “Everyone has a stake in the health of our communities and our state. Whether you’re a business owner, a concerned resident, a health professional, or you work in other sectors such as education or public safety, health should matter to all of us,” she said.
Community meetings scheduled for October include:
- Worland-October 2 from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Washakie County Fairgrounds Meeting Room
- Lusk-October 3 from 9-11 a.m. at the Niobrara County Fairgrounds Meeting Room
- Gillette– October 3 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Campbell County Public Health Lower Conference Room
- Torrington-October 7 from 9-11 a.m. at the Goshen County Armory
- Laramie-October 8 from 12:30-1 p.m. at the Ivinson Memorial Hospital Summit Conference Room
The Public Health Division will also host two online-only meetings to allow residents across the state to participate:
- October 15 from 6-7:30 p.m.
- October 16 from 12-1:30 p.m.
To participate, visit https://zoom.us/j/242110012 or call 1-669-900-6833. The meeting ID number is 242 110 012.
Pyle described a state health improvement plan as a data-driven roadmap for partners to actively work together to improve population health.
For more information on the priority-setting process, contact Feliciana Turner, performance improvement manager for the Public Health Division, at 307-777-8946 or Feliciana.Turner@wyo.gov. More information is also available online at sha.wyo.gov.