State Health Improvement Planning
The SHIP Steering Committee is guiding the state health improvement planning efforts. The identified priorities are Behavioral Health, Access to Health Care, and Unintentional Injury.
Below, you will find more information and/or products related to each phase.
What does the future look like?
Casting a vision for a healthier future provides a great anchor for every step that follows.
See our vision and values for the SHIP by clicking the the link below.
Where will we focus?
Using data and insight from communities, partners, and staff, we gain clarity on what the most pressing issues are.
Available priority documents are listed below.
How will we get there?
Once we understand our most pressing issues, we can identify the best ways to address them for our state.
Strategy documents coming soon.
Issue Guides/Guías de problemas
- Behavioral Health | Salud conductual
- Access to Health Care | Acceso a atención médica
- Unintentional Injury | Lesión involuntaria
2018 State Health Assessment
The final assessment was published on March 8, 2019. You can view/download the full document or individual sections by clicking on the links below. You can also find SHA data in an interactive format by visiting this site.
2018 State Health Assessment (full document)
- Executive Summary and Key Findings
- Introduction and Approach
- Wyoming in Context
- Physical Environment
- Social and Economic Factors
- Clinical Care
- Health Behaviors
- Health Outcomes
- Community Perceptions
- Appendix A – Methods
- Appendix B – Community Perceptions, WDH Results
- Appendix C – County Snapshots
- Appendix D – Capacity Assessment Results
The steering committee represents a variety of sectors and agencies in Wyoming. The purpose of the steering committee is to provide leadership and guidance for the state health assessment (SHA) and state health improvement planning (SHIP) efforts.
- participate in regular meetings;
- support process and product decision-making;
- provide their unique perspective on health issues, data, and resources; and
- demonstrate a shared commitment to assessing and improving population health in Wyoming.
If you have questions or comments about the SHA, SHIP, or related processes, please contact Holly Scheer, training, performance, and equity manager, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 307-777-8946.