The Rape Prevention and Education (RPE) Program is a CDC federally funded program intended to prevent sexual violence victimization and perpetration through education and strengthening community supports. The RPE Program uses a public health approach to implement and evaluate identified sexual violence primary prevention strategies based on the best available evidence at all levels of the Social Ecological Model (SEM). This work is accomplished in collaboration with the Wyoming Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (WCADVSA) and a diverse group of stakeholders including the Wyoming Sexual Violence Prevention Council (WSVPC). The WSVPC co-creates effective change with partners in all sections, as Wyoming RPE Program understands there are various strategies/activities that can prevent sexual violence. For more information, see below.
Wyoming Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (WCADVSA): https://www.wyomingdvsa.org/
- Training, technical assistance, and funding for local communities to implement community projects to address sexual violence risk factors. Communities complete three years of focused work based on the Collective Impact framework.
- Training and technical assistance for local communities interested in implementing Coaching Boys into Men (CBIM) and Athletes as Leaders (AAL). CBIM and AAL are evidence-based and evidence-informed curricula delivered by middle and high school athletic coaches intended to increase knowledge of healthy relationships.
- Facilitation of the College Sexual Violence Prevention Team (CPT). The CPT works with all Wyoming community colleges and the University of Wyoming to provide education and technical assistance on the prevention requirements of Title IX and sexual violence prevention in the college communities.
- Promotion of the Wyoming “Be the Solution” media campaign (www.bethesolutionwyo.org). “Be the Solution” was developed to raise awareness about and prevention of sexual violence in Wyoming communities.
- Training and technical assistance for local communities and organizations on prevention of sexual violence.
To view sexual violence indicators that may be helpful for local prevention efforts decision making, see the Wyoming Rape Prevention and Education Program Indicator Dashboard.