Children’s Special Health (CSH) is a program for children who have medical needs beyond routine and basic care. Our goal is to help you help your child receive the best possible medical care. The CSH program provides coordination of care for children with special health care needs and, in certain cases, can provide some financial assistance.
Funding for the Children’s Special Health (CSH) program is through the Maternal and Child Health Title V Block grant and State matching funds.
Coordination of care: helping families access services in their community
- Provide and promote family-centered, community-based, coordinated care for children and youth with special health care needs
- Facilitate the development of community-based systems of services
- Support core public health functions such as resource development, capacity building, public information, technical assistance to communities, provider training, and gathering and analyzing data
- Build community capacity via training, technical assistance, and financing
- Provide direct health care services to children and families as a way to fill gaps in services
- Provide transition services to adolescents
Financial assistance (annual cap)
- Qualifying medical conditions
- Diagnostic evaluation to determine diagnosis
- Limited funding for transportation
- Some equipment and medications
- Funds for translation services required by CSH clients
To Qualify for Financial Assistance
- Be a Wyoming resident
- Be a U.S. citizen or qualified alien
- Be under 19 years of age
- Meet financial eligibility
- Be suspected or known to have a medical condition covered by CSH
- Families with health insurance, Medicaid or Kid Care CHIP may be eligible
- Families may be required to apply for Medicaid/Kid Care CHIP
To Apply to the Children's Special Health Program
- Call your local Public Health Nursing or Indian Health Service Office to arrange an appointment.
- Gather your child’s medical and education records, as well as your family’s financial records to this appointment.
- Your application will be submitted by Public Health Nursing or Indian Health Services.
- You will be notified upon eligibility determination.