To request additional specimen collection and shipping supplies, complete this form:
Key things to note:
- This form is for COVID-19 specimen collection supplies only. Non COVID-19 related supplies will continue to be ordered through the fax/email form found here.
- Supplies will be shipped weekly by FedEX or Public Health Lab state courier, please do not stockpile.
- Supply requests received by Friday at noon will be received the following Tuesday or Wednesday.
- All sites (County Health, PHN, Hospitals, Acute Care, etc.) conducting COVID-19 specimen collection in the State of Wyoming may request supplies.
- If you desire to continue coordinating receipt of specimen collection supplies through your county public health office, it is your responsibility to coordinate with them.
- Plan ahead – Supplies will be shipped weekly. Therefore, please ensure that your order will fulfill your testing volume for the week and weekend.
If you have trouble accessing the COVID-19 Specimen Collection and Shipping- Resupply Form (e.g., your facility’s firewall prevents access to this form), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (307)777-3940 and let us know.
Saliva Collection Instructions
- WPHL offers special collection kits for saliva specimens. See the instructions above to order these kits.
- Saliva collection instructions and details on the saliva collection kits can be found here: Saliva Sample Collection for SARS-CoV-2 testing.
- At least 0.5mL of normal saliva that naturally pools in the mouth must be collected.
- Avoid coughing or sniffing prior to sample collection.
- Expel saliva gently from the mouth into the collection tube. No forceful spitting is required.
- Ideally, the patient should avoid drinking water 10 minutes prior to collection. Other drinks, food, chewing gum, nasal sprays and oral hygiene should be avoided for 30 minutes before sample collection.
- Salvia must be received by WPHL within 7 days of collection. Saliva can be shipped cold or at ambient temperature.
- Please contact WPHL (307-777-7431) for more information on the appropriate method of salvia collection for this assay.
Category B Infectious Disease Canisters and Shipping Supplies:
Category B infectious disease canisters (orange-top) sent to WPHL will be sent back to the submitter ready for reuse (i.e with a FedEx return label for those using FedEx).
You should not need to request more shipping supplies unless you have increased testing volume or you are sending your specimens to WPHL for the first time.
Click here for Category B shipping instructions.
For inquiries about specimen collection and shipping supplies please email: