Whether you are an immunization provider, a school, or child care facility, this page has everything you need to get started on gaining access to the Wyoming Immunization Registry (WyIR) or making changes to current users and information.
Facilities enrolled in a Public Vaccine Program (PVP) needing to make changes to pertinent staff such as the Primary Physician/Practitioner or Vaccine Coordinators:
- Submit the WyIR User Access Request form (below) if a new WyIR user account needs to be created for the individual
- Email the details of the change(s) to the Provider Support Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
WyIR User Access
Request WyIR Access for a New User:
- Only the Responsible Authority for the Organization or a Facility Contact/Vaccine Coordinator for the facility can submit a user access request for facility staff to access the WyIR. A Responsible Authority is the person with legal authority to enter into a contractual agreements on behalf of the Organization, and is responsible for the conditions outlined in the Information Sharing Agreement. The RA is usually the owner, CEO/CFO, Medical Director, Clinic Director, or other high-level management position.
- For schools, the Superintendent, Principal, or other School Nurse within the District can submit user access requests.
- Please note, if you work in a facility that participates in a Public Vaccine Program (PVP), you will need to have the facility PIN to complete the form.
Make Changes to Existing User Accounts:
Submit any changes by filling out the WyIR User Access Request Form (Online form)
- The Responsible Authority for the Organization or a Facility Contact/Vaccine Coordinator for the facility can:
- Reactivate an existing user’s account
- Any WyIR user can:
- Remove WyIR access from an existing user
- Submit changes to contact information
The Wyoming Immunization Registry (WyIR) is the immunization information system (IIS) adopted by the State of Wyoming. The WyIR is a confidential, population-based, computerized database that records all immunization doses administered by Wyoming immunization providers. It is the main source of immunization information for Wyoming.
- At the point of clinical care, the WyIR can provide consolidated immunization histories for use by a vaccination provider in determining appropriate client vaccinations. This includes functionality related to Reminder Recall, patient lists, forecasting and immunization coverage estimates.
- At the population level, the WyIR provides aggregate data on vaccinations for use in surveillance and program operations, and in guiding public health action with the goals of improving vaccination rates and reducing vaccine-preventable disease.
As of February 2018, any provider in Wyoming that administers vaccines must report immunization information for all vaccines administered for both pediatric and adult patients.
To enroll with the WyIR for reporting, treatment, payment, or operations, a Responsible Authority (RA) must complete the Information Sharing Agreement on behalf of the Organization. To begin this process, or for questions, please contact email@example.com.
WyIR User References and Resources
Quick Reference Guides
Correct Lot Decrementing Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
How to manage your inventory if sending data via an HL7 interface.
Coverage Rate Report Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
How to run a Coverage Rate Report.
Historical Vaccination Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
How to identify and verify patient historical vaccination records.
Inventory Management Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
How to search, add and edit lot numbers and reconcile inventory.
Inventory Transaction Guide (pdf)
Table with information to reconcile public vaccine inventory in the WyIR.
Manage Patient Population Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
How to manage your patient list using the Manage Patient Population function.
Password Management Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
How users may manage their password settings: Initial Password Setup, Password Reset, Disable Password Autocomplete
Patients Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
How to search, add and edit patients in the WyIR.
Reminder Recall Reference Guide (pdf)
How to use the Reminder Recall functionality.
Vaccinations Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
How to add/edit patient vaccination information.
Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) WyIR User Guide (pdf)
How WIC users should utilize the WyIR.