This page has everything school nurses, administrators, or staff will need to get started on gaining access to the Wyoming Immunization Registry (WyIR) or making changes to current users and information.
Information for WyIR School Users
WyIR User Access for Schools
This form is intended ONLY for those who work in a Wyoming school (Public or Private K-12 and preschools associated with a school district) and may only be completed by the facility contact or your school administrator. Any requests NOT completed by the facility contact or school administrator will be returned. If you are unsure of who your facility contact is, please contact the Immunization Unit’s School & Child Care Coordinator at (307) 777-7481. Please read all notes within the form carefully and completely to ensure a successful submission!
Any WyIR user may use this form to:
- Grant user access to the Wyoming Immunization Registry (WyIR)
- Remove WyIR access from an existing user
- Reactivate an existing WyIR User account that is currently inactive
- Update demographic/contact information for an existing user
- Establish or change the WyIR Facility Contact
Parent/Guardian Consent for Accessing Student Records
To ensure the Wyoming Department of Health is aligning with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Wyoming schools must obtain parent/guardian agreement by using the following forms before accessing a student’s immunization record within the Wyoming Immunization Registry (WyIR) for proof of immunization.
- Immunization Agreement Between Parent/Guardian and School (English)
- Immunization Agreement Between Parent/Guardian and School (Espanol)
Please note: If your district’s registration occurs prior to identifying the specific school a child will attend, it is acceptable to write the school district name on the agreement, rather than the specific school name. However, the form must be included in the student’s record at the school in which they will attend when identified and be made available to WDH staff upon request.
In addition to the Agreement provided by WDH. The following forms of documented consent are also permitted and if used, must be made available to WDH upon request:
- Dated note in the student record documenting verbal permission
- Consent captured in a student management system (language must be consistent with the Agreement provided by WDH).
WyIR School Module Videos & Tutorials
- Student for the Day: Get Schooled on the WyIR School Nurse Module (1:00:07)
- School Module Tutorial Videos