Most adults were immunized as children and incorrectly assume that they do not need vaccines as adults; however, the following points should be considered:
- Some adults were never vaccinated as children
- Newer vaccines were not available when some adults were children
- Immunity can begin to fade over time
- As we age, we become more susceptible to serious disease caused by common infections (such as flu and pneumococcus)
No matter your age, immunizations save lives!
Affordable Vaccines Are Available!
Adults who do not have access to health insurance coverage for immunizations can receive vaccines at minimal cost through two adult vaccine programs.
The Vaccines for Uninsured Adults (VUA) Program provides vaccines to Wyoming residents age 19 and older to protect them against the following vaccine-preventable diseases:
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Rubella (German Measles)
- Tetanus (Lockjaw)
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Zoster (Shingles)
The Adult Hepatitis Vaccine (AHV) Program Provides hepatitis vaccine to Wyoming residents 19 years of age or older with no previous history of vaccination.