Wyoming EMS licenses are valid for a period of not less than two years for initial licensees and for two years for current licensees.
To renew an EMS license in Wyoming a licensee must document completion of required Continuing Medical Education hours and skills completion as appropriate for their level of licensure.
- Hours must be documented in OWLS.
- It is the responsibility of the licensee to maintain and document their hours.
- All levels of licensure must provide a current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider CPR card or its equivalent.
- Intermediate EMTs and Paramedics must provide a current AHA ACLS card or its equivalent.
- Please see this Evaluated CPR – ACLS Document for courses that have been evaluated and meet the current standard for licensure.
- The OEMS audits approximately 10% of renewals each year to verify education. See the Audit FAQ document for details.
- Please see the Renewal Requirements documents below for requirement details by level.
- Below are links to YouTube guidance videos to walk you through the documentation and renewal process.
|Individual Training Upload||https://youtu.be/qgQhDMfbBQs||How to upload your individual training in OWLS|
|Training Report||https://youtu.be/dk5y29bu0C0||Process to pull your training report|
|Renewal Process||https://youtu.be/Yl2e-_fx0_o||Process to complete renewal|
EMR Renewal Requirements – EMR Renewal
EMT Renewal Requirements – EMT Renewal
AEMT Renewal Requirements – AEMT Renewal
IEMT Renewal Requirements – IEMT Renewal
Paramedic Renewal Requirements – Paramedic Renewal
Evaluated CPR & ACLS Programs – WYOEMS-10 Evaluated CPR-ACLS Programs Approved
Guidance for Continuing Medical Education Topic Hours – Guidance_for_Topic_Hours_CME