Intent to Amend the Comprehensive and Supports Waivers
Intent to Amend Comprehensive and Supports Waivers
Wyoming Department of Health
Public Notice is hereby given that the Wyoming Department of Health (Department) is submitting an amendment to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the Wyoming Medicaid Home and Community Based Services Comprehensive Waiver and Supports Waiver. The complete waiver applications, as well as a summary of proposed changes, will be available online at https://health.wyo.gov/
Wyoming Department of Health
Division of Healthcare Financing
6101 Yellowstone Road Suite 210
Cheyenne, WY 82002
A public forum will be conducted via phone conference on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 from 10:00am – 1100am. Callers should call in to 1-669-900-6833, Meeting ID #529 356 832.
Public comment on these proposed changes will be accepted by mail, email, or phone until 5pm on December 27, 2019. Final acceptance of these changes is dependent on CMS approval.
Attn: Waiver Amendment Public Comment
6101 Yellowstone, Suite #210
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Intent to Amend Chapters 44, 45, and 46 of the Department of Health's Medicaid Rules
Public comment for the following Wyoming Department of Health (Department) rules addressing the Supports and Comprehensive Waivers was accepted from September 16 – November 1, 2019:
Chapter 44 outlines the specific requirements of environmental modifications, specialized equipment, and self-directed goods and services. This amendment changes the name of the chapter and removes Sections 9 and 10, which refer to “Self-directed Goods.” This service has been eliminated from the Supports and Comprehensive Waivers.
Chapter 45 governs certification of providers under the Supports and Comprehensive Waivers. It describes waiver provider standards, participant rights, and certification and sanction requirements. Although the list is not exhaustive, key modifications are described below:
- Section 4 – Rights of Participants Receiving Services – clarifies participant rights and establishes additional plan of care team requirements if the right to be free from restraint is limited.
- Section 10 – Individualized Plan of Care – revises the time frame a case manager has to provide notice of the plan of care meeting to at least twenty (20) calendar days prior to the meeting.
- Section 13 – Home and Community Based Standards for Waiver Services – outlines additional requirements of waiver providers related to site inspections, emergency plans, and remote monitoring.
- Section 14 – Background Check Requirements – updates background screening requirements for waiver providers.
- Section 17 – Positive Behavior Supports – establishes additional situations in which a positive behavior support plan shall be reviewed.
- Section 18 – Restraint Standards – establishes additional provider training requirements in the event an injury occurs as a result of a restraint.
- Section 25 – Additional Standards for Providers that Require National Accreditation – updates provider obligations to obtain national accreditation.
Chapter 46 replaces Emergency Chapter 46 and addresses Supports and Comprehensive Waiver requirements, including assessment, eligibility, cost limits, and emergency services. It establishes a person-centered approach to determine participant support needs in the individualized plan of care. Although the list is not exhaustive, key modifications are described below:
- All sections subsequent to Section 3 have been renumbered.
- Section 4 (previously Section 5) – Assessment and Eligibility – changes title to Eligibility Requirements. Rearranges and simplifies section to make the flow of the eligibility process more understandable.
- New Sections added to make the eligibility process more understandable.
- Section 5 – Loss of Eligibility
- Section 6 – Institutional Level of Care Requirements
- Section 7 – Clinical Eligibility Diagnoses
- Section 8 – Inventory for Client and Agency Planning Assessment
- Section 15 (previously Section 13) – Extraordinary Care Committee – modifies requirements for Extraordinary Care Committee reviews.
These rules are in the final stage of promulgation. Once they have been approved by the Governor’s Office and the Secretary of State, they will be published on the Division’s website, along with a summary of comments received and the Division’s responses to the comments.
For questions regarding the proposed rules, please contact Shirley Pratt at email@example.com or (307) 777-2525.
Statistics and Reports
- Community Waiver Programs Monthly Report – November 30, 2019
- Comprehensive, Supports and Acquired Brain Injury Waivers SFY2019 Provider Rate Study
- National Core Indicators (NCI) 2017-2018 Wyoming Adult Consumer Survey Final Report
- NCI Wyoming Three Year Comparison (2015 – 2018) Report
- State Fiscal Year 2019 Developmental Disabilities Section Annual Report
Department of Health Medicaid Rules Governing the Comprehensive and Supports Waiver Programs
Chapter 44 – Environmental Modifications, Specialized Equipment, and Self Directed Goods – Effective 7.26.2018
Chapter 45 – DD Waiver Provider Standards, Certification, and Sanctions – Effective 7.26.2018
Emergency Chapter 46 – Medicaid Supports and Comprehensive Waivers – Extended 8.27.2019
To review other Medicaid Chapters, visit https://rules.wyo.gov/.
- Select Current Rules
- Select Health, Department of (048)
- Select Medicaid (0037)
- Select the Chapter you wish to review
Policies Governing the Wyoming Departing of Health, Developmental Disabilities Section