The EMWS Help Desk phone line is (307) 777-8584 and will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30
a.m. Monday through Friday. You may leave a voicemail message if your call is
not answered. Calls will be returned within 48 hours.
Supplement Requests in EMWS
An enhancement to the Electronic Medicaid Waiver System (EMWS) that will allow for electronic submission of Supplemental Requests. These Supplemental Requests include requests for the Extraordinary Care Committee (ECC), Clinical Review Team (CRT), Goods and Services, and Reconsideration Requests. Effective 1/5/2016 Case Managers will begin using this process when you have one of these supplemental requests.
Important information for waiver providers:
– There is an edit in place in MMIS if providers are using the web portal for billing, which will not require an entry for the diagnosis code–this has not changed from the ICD- 9 billing practices.
– If providers are using a third party billing entity or a proprietary internal software system for billing – those waiver providers will need to follow-up with the participant’s primary physician to obtain the appropriate diagnosis code.
– DD staff will not have the information regarding diagnosis codes, so if there are other questions regarding billing, please contact Xerox Provider Relations at 800-251-1268
– Dates of service prior to 10/01/15 MUST be billed with an ICD-9 diagnosis code if billing through a third party vendor.
– Dates of service after 10/1/15 MUST be billed with an ICD-10 diagnosis code if billing through a third party vendor.
Please use the following link for ICD-10 information http://wyequalitycare.acs-inc.com/icd10.html
EMWS Help Desk
EMWS Help Desk Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case managers need to use the naming convention in the email subject line.
When emailing the help desk regarding system issues, include a screen shot of the error message or issue you are having along with an explanation that details the problem
Aging Out Process
The system automatically starts the aging out process in EMWS approximately 90 days prior to the participant aging out.
**DO NOT close a child waiver case for aging out if this task is not on your task list. If you start this step on your own, the process will not work properly.
Information and Updates
EMWS Password Resets
Case Managers can now reset their password in EMWS. Click here for instructions.
EMWS Do’s and Dont’s
>>>NO DOUBLE CLICKING<<<
Pleasebe patient with the screens and give them time to process. Double clicking on the screens is causing duplications, so please single click only
Check out our FAQ sheet to help trouble shoot problems Click Here
Click below to access the WDH application portal.