- As part of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements, the Division developed a Medication Assistance Training (MAT) program for certified waiver Providers who assist Participants with medications.
- This training is required for any Provider who, during their daily routine, assist a Participant with their medication regimen.
Below is the necessary information for medication assistance including sample forms, directives, and policies and procedures.
If a form is not available, contact your local Provider Support Specialist.
Medication Assistance Policies & Standards (effective 4-9-2011)
- Medication Assistance Policy
- Medication Assistance Standards
- Medication Assistance Training and Division Monitoring Responsibilities
- Medication Assistance Trainers Agreement Revised 4-10-2014
Medication Assistance Forms
- MAR Instructional Sample
- Medication Assistance & Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form
- Medication Assistance Record (MAR)
- Medication Consent Form
- No Medication Assistance Verification form
- Sample Medication Incident Report
Medication Assistance Policies & Procedures
- Provider Medication Assistance Policies and Procedures
- Case Manager Medication Assistance Policies and Procedures
Note: These policies can be used as drafts for Providers to develop their own or they can be used “as is” by the Provider as long as they are completed, signed and implemented by the provider