Skip Navigation LinksWyoming Department of Health Preventive Health and Safety Division Housing Assistance for Persons with AIDS Program (HOPWA)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Many pages on this site may not display properly for Internet Explorer 11 users. Please consider another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.



Due to changes in the Wyoming Department of Health Communicable Disease Unit, the HIV Services Program is now part of the Communicable Disease Unit Services Program.

Although our name is changing, or services are not.  We continue to provide education and support to the public and to health care professionals throughout the state of Wyoming.




Debi Anderson, Communicable Disease Unit Manager: (307) 777-7529

VACANT, Communicable Disease Treatment Program Manager: (307) 777-5856

Toni Reeves: Communicable Disease Benefit Coordinator: (307) 777-5800

VACANT, Communicable Disease Prevention Program Manager: (307) 777-3562

Courtney Smith, Communicable Disease Surveillance Program Manager: (307) 777-2434

Molly Adami, High-Risk Prevention Specialist: (307) 777-6563


"The Wyoming Department of Health Communicable Disease Unit serves Wyoming citizens by promoting equal access to quality health care, serving as a source of current and reliable information, and fostering proactive interventions to reduce the transmission of HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis." 

Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) & AIDS Drug Assistance Programs (ADAP)


~2016 Annual Action Plan for HOPWA~ posted 20 Nov 2015 



The Wyoming Department of Health's HOPWA and ADAP Program provides persons living with HIV/AIDS access to comprehensive health care and other supportive services. These programs serve as the payer of last resort for persons who are uninsured, under-insured, or are otherwise unable to access medical treatment. Funding for these programs is provided, in part, by grants from the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources Services Administration, and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. Some of the available services provided by the programs include:

  • Primary medical care
  • Laboratory and diagnostic services
  • Dental care services
  • Vision care services
  • Case management services
  • Prescription medications
  • Mortgage and rent assistance
  • Utility assistance
  • Transportation assistance


In order to be eligible for assistance, an individual must meet all three of the following requirements. You:

  1. Must be HIV-positive or have a diagnosis of AIDS. A health care provider must verify this by completing the Provider's Medical Certification Form, which is available on our Forms and Downloads page.
  2. Must be a resident of the state of Wyoming. A copy of a valid Wyoming drivers license or state-issued ID card must be submitted along with the Application for Assistance. There are no other acceptable forms of identification. Persons needing to obtain a drivers license or state ID card can obtain more information from the WYDOT Driver Services website.
  3. Must have total annual household income at or below the current income guideline, based upon county of residence. You may view the current income guidelines here.

The current Application for Assistance form is available from any WY county public health office, or you may print it directly from our Forms and Downloads page (see tab to the left).

If you or someone you know is living with HIV/AIDS, would like to enroll in these programs, or simply need more information, please feel free to contact any public health nursing office in Wyoming. You may also contact Program staff directly by telephone at (307) 777-5856, or by e-mail.


CLICK HERE to access the survey.

HIV/HEPATITIS/STD CONTENT NOTICE: This site may contain prevention messages that may not be appropriate for all audiences. Since HIV, Hepatitis, and/or STD infections are spread primarily through sexual practices or by sharing needles, prevention messages and programs may address these topics. If you are not seeking such information or may be offended by such materials, please exit this site.

MEDICAL INFORMATION DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site, including information relating to health conditions, products, and treatments, is for informational and educational purposes only. Although this web site may provide visitors with information to better understand their health and risk factors for specific diseases, the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) does not intend to provide specific medical advice. Any information presented is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own doctor or other medical professionals. WDH and the HIV/AIDS/Hepatitis Program urge you to consult with a qualified health care provider for diagnosis, treatment, and answers to your personal health care questions.