Wyoming Department of Health
Preventive Health and Safety Division
Diabetes Home Page
Diabetes Clinical Recommendations
Burden of Diabetes
County Diabetes Data
Helpful Diabetes Links
Diabetes in Children Helpful Links
County Resource Directories
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- This webpage is dedicated to diabetes care and is found on the website for Advanced Excellence in Health Care of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Advancing lifelong opthalmic education. Supporting research and eye care, as well as promoting corporate relations.
American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- AACE is a professional community of Clinical Endocrinologists that is committed to transforming the lives of patients by enabling one another to practice leading edge, proactive, ethical and cost-effective medicine. Good clinical and patient information.
American Association of Diabetes Educators
- AADE assists its members and the larger healthcare community in treating people with diabetes and those who are in danger of contracting the disease. Find diabetes education resources and continuing education courses.
American College of Physicians Diabetes Portal
- Site includes educational materials for patients with diabetes and their families, along with tools for diabetes health care team.
American Diabetes Association
- The American Diabetes Association is the nation's leading nonprofit health organization providing diabetes research, information and advocacy. Diabetes information for health professionals and the general public.
American Dietetic Association
- the American Dietetic Association is the nation’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. ADA serves the public by promoting optimal nutrition, health and well-being.
American Heart Association National Center
- The American Heart Association is a national voluntary health agency whose mission is to reduce disability and death from cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
American Optometric Association
- Site includes a search function for finding an optometrist in your area. Site also includes an excellent page on diabetic retinopathy. For information on diabetes, type in "diabetes" in the search function on the site.
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes
- The mission of the Center is to provide care for children and adults with Type I diabetes, to provide a unique environment to foster clinical and basic biomedical research, and to support the development and application of research for the prevention, cure and understanding of the disease process that leads to Type I diabetes. Find information, news, books, and nutrition information.
Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Website is hosted by the Endocrine Society and started in 2009. The goal of the site is to engage primary care physicians in determining individualized treatment regimens, based on the patient’s specific disease course and the strengths and shortcomings of available therapies. The hope is that this effort will aid in the interpretation of concepts of disease pathogenesis, such as beta cell dysfunction, and improve medical decision-making in T2DM.
Bulletin Boards in a SNAP
- Website offers downloadable bulletin board templates from the Wyoming State Nutrition Action Plan (SNAP) team. The purpose of the project is to communicate consistent nutrition messages through multiple channels in order to reduce the risk of overweight and obesity in Wyoming.
Centers for Disease Control Diabetes Home Page
- Learn what's new in diabetes education, resources, treatment, and training. Diabetes information for health professionals and the general public.
Children with Diabetes
- The online community for kids, families and adults with diabetes. Offers family support. Extensive resources on type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetes Care is a journal for the health care practitioner that is intended to increase knowledge, stimulate research, and promote better management of people with diabetes. To achieve these goals, the journal publishes original articles on human studies in the following five categories: 1) Clinical Care/Education/Nutrition, 2) Epidemiology/Health Services/Psychosocial Research, 3) Emerging Treatments and Technologies, 4) Pathophysiology/Complications, and 5) Cardiovascular and Metabolic Risk. The journal also publishes clinically relevant review articles, letters to the editor, and health/medical news or points of view. Topics covered are of interest to clinically oriented physicians, researchers, epidemiologists, psychologists, diabetes educators, and other health professionals. Sponsored by the American Diabetic Association.
Diabetes Control and Complications Trial
- Implications for care.
- This dictionary defines words that are often used when people talk or write about diabetes. It is designed for people who have diabetes and for their families and friends. Provided by the NIDDK.
- H. Crimson, Inc. is the publisher of the popular and highly regarded Diabetes Digest family of magazines. It is distributed FREE at over 15,000 pharmacies in the US. With a total circulation of over 8 million copies, Diabetes Digest is the largest circulation diabetes magazine in the US.
Diabetes Education Online
- Website is hosted by the Diabetes Teaching Center of the University of California, San Francisco. The site states: "very few individuals with diabetes can expect to see a diabetes specialist, but everyone with internet access can get educated about diabetes."
Diabetes Home Page
- A person with diabetes became frustrated with searching the web for diabetes information and so he launched his own website to help guide people through the maze. Site includes links to blogs, support groups, medications, clinical trials, diabetes information and much more.
- The Diabetes Initiative was a national program of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation from 2002 to 2009. It focused on improving self management supports for adults with diabetes in real world clinic and community settings. This site, archived in 2009, is a repository for program models, materials, tools, resources, and lessons learned over the course of the Initiative
- Shop for everything from test strips to cookbooks. Offers great diabetes links, and the ability to purchase diabetes supplies online.
- The Diabetes Monitor has therefore been designed as an additional resource for patients to educate themselves about their role as active participants in the care of this disorder.
- The online version of this magazine covers various aspects of diabetes treatment and self-care.
Healthy Diabetes Plate
- Sited is hosted by the Idaho Cooperative Extension Service. The interactive site allows users to create meals using the plate method by selecting food items from drop down lists. The site also includes video clips discussing each of the major food groups along with a section on "Tips and Tricks" with information on topics such as eating out and substitute sweetners.
Indian Health Service Diabetes Program
- American Indian and Alaska Native communities suffer a disproportionately high rate of type 2 diabetes when compared with other populations in the U. S. and throughout the world. Although there are significant challenges in dealing with the epidemic of diabetes, there are many new opportunities and strategies that can help strengthen clinical, public health and community approaches to the problem of diabetes.
Joslins Diabetes Center
- Affiliated with Harvard Medical School, the Joslin Diabetes Center is the world's largest diabetes research center.
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- If you or someone you know has recently been diagnosed with Type 1 (juvenile) diabetes, JDRF can help. Practical information about diabetes and diabetes management. Just for Kids online feature is a terrific resource for kids! This web site also indicates ways to get involved and provides valuable information on diabetes research.
Latin America Diabetes Association
- La Asociacion Latinoamericana de Diabetes fue fundada en Buenos Aires, Argentina, en 1970 y tiene como funcion mejorar el conocimiento de los medicos especialistas en diabetologia y difundir los adelantos y los avances a nivel del medico general, del clinico, del diabetico, de los familiares y de la poblacion en general.
My Food Advisor
- Website from the American Diabetes Association (ADA) that allow you to search over 5000 foods for a nutrition profile. This is an excellent site to help with carbohydrate counting. The site also allows you to search for "healthier alternatives" and a one option allows you to create a nutrition profile for your own recipe.
National Diabetes Education Initiative
- The National Diabetes Education Initiative® is a multicomponent educational program on type 2 diabetes designed for healthcare professionals involved in the care and management of patients with type 2 diabetes. NDEI programs address issues concerning insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes, from the epidemiology and pathophysiology of the disease and its associated complications to the therapeutic options for treatment and prevention.
National Diabetes Education Program
- A partnership of the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and more than 200 public and private organizations.
National Diabetes Education Program Publications Cat
alog - Find great resources on this web site.
National Eye Institue
- The National Eye Institute (NEI) was established by Congress in 1968 to protect and prolong the vision of the American people. As one of the Federal government's National Institutes of Health (NIH), the NEI conducts and supports research that helps prevent and treat eye diseases and other disorders of vision. This research leads to sight-saving treatments, reduces visual impairment and blindness, and improves the quality of life for people of all ages. NEI-supported research has advanced our knowledge of how the visual system functions in health and disease.
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases conducts and supports research on many of the most serious diseases affecting public health. The Institute supports basic and clinical research through investigator-initiated grants, program project and center grants, and career development and training awards. The Institute also supports research and development projects and large-scale clinical trials through contracts.
Paver’s Nest Helpful Links About Diabetes
- Very little actual content on this site, but there are links to other web sites that might be helpful.
Podcasts on diabetes from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention
- Click on link to connect to the webpage that lists the podcasts available from the CDC. Most podcasts are audio only, but a few offer both video and audio. To see the ones on diabetes, search by topic of "diabetes."
Report of the Expert Committee on the Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus
- Follow-up report on the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus, from the expert committee on the diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. In 1997, an International Expert Committee was convened to reexamine the classification and diagnostic criteria of diabetes, which were based on the 1979 publication of the National Diabetes Data Group and subsequent WHO study group. As a result of its deliberations, the committee recommended several changes to the diagnostic criteria for diabetes and for lesser degrees of impaired glucose regulation (IFG/IGT). This article details the major changes or issues addressed. This committee report was published in 2003 in Diabetes Care, a journal for health practitioners, sponsored by the American Diabetes Association.
Taking Charge of Your Diabetes - A patient guide for diabetes care from the CDC
- Take Charge of Your Diabetes was written to help patients take important steps to prevent problems caused by diabetes. Among the topics addressed in this guide: what problems diabetes can cause; how to work with a health care team to prevent problems; why it is important to get blood glucose and blood pressure closer to normal; how to find out about resources in the community to help prevent problems.
Veterans Health Administration Diabetes Program
- This site is mostly of interest to health professionals and veterans. Also includes information on military-specific illnesses, such as Agent Orange.
WebMD Diabetes Page
- Find in-depth information here about diabetes prevention, diet, treatments, and research. Plus, find daily support and nutritional tips in our online message boards.
- Wyoming Association of Diabetes Educators. Site includes list of officers along with linnks for upcoming event.
Wyoming Optometric Association
- Site includes a list of officers for the state association, along with a search function to find an optometrist.
Wyoming Quit Tobacco Program
- Links to Wyoming's Quitnet program that offers free coaching and low cost quit tobacco medications.
Yale Diabetes Center's Diabetes Facts & Guidelines
- scroll to bottom of page to click on pdf file of guidelines
WDH Privacy/Public Records
© 2008, Wyoming Department of Health. All rights reserved.