Wyoming Medication Donation Program
Do you have patients who can’t afford their prescriptions?
The Wyoming Medication Donation Program (WMDP) and participating Dispensing Sites may be able to help your low-income, un/underinsured patients receive short-term prescription assistance.
Who is eligible?
• Wyoming residents
• Patients with limited resources to purchase prescription medications, as determined by the Dispensing site. Generally, site eligibility requirements are:
1. Low-Income (generally 200% Federal Poverty Level or below).
Click here for the current poverty guidelines.
2. No Prescription Insurance
• Patients with a current prescribing physician/practitioner prescription
• Each recipient must sign a release form stating they understand the immunity provisions of the program and acknowledging that medication was originally dispensed to another patient and has been donated to the Medication Donation Program for re-dispensing.
See our Patient ToolKit page for program application.
Print a Referral Form here.
Contact your local Dispensing Site to see if your patient may be eligible.
Casper Community Care Inc., Behavioral Health: (Ph) 307-277-6132
Health Care for the Homeless: (Ph) 307-235-6116
Downtown Clinic: (Ph) 307-745-8445
Laramie County Centralized Pharmacy: (Ph) 307-637-7000
Jackson Area Consortium: (Ph) 307-739-7434
Donaldson Medical Clinic: (Ph) 307-362-0707 (opening May 2012)
Free Clinic of Sheridan County: (Ph) 307-674-6995
Wyoming (all residents via mail):
Wyoming Medication Donation Program: (Toll Free) 855-257-5041
Health Care Providers, please click here to review a list of the current inventory at the Wyoming Medication Donation Program.
The inventory is updated weekly. If you have questions regarding the availability of medications please contact the Wyoming Medication Donation Program at (307)-635-1297 OR (855)-257-5041.
The donated inventory may vary considerably. The donated medications are best used as a short-term solution to solve immediate needs. some long-term prescription assistance alternatives are Wyoming Equality Care, the Wyoming Prescription Drug Assistance Program, or prescription assistance programs offered through the drug manufacturers. A good resource for prescription assistance programs is NeedyMeds.org.
Can I dispense donated medications from my clinic?
Are you interested in having donated medications available to your patients at your clinic?
Read more about becoming a Dispensing Site.
Is your sample closet overflowing?
See our Donor Toolkit page for more information.
Don’t let unused medicine go to waste!