• The WMDP provides immediate prescription help and advice on lower-cost alternatives, improving prescription access for Wyoming residents who cannot afford their medications.
• The program DOES NOT provide assistance for controlled substances.
• The program is connecting with providers around the state to refer patients, improving prescription access for those in need.
• Since beginning in 2007, the program has helped Wyoming residents fill OVER 104,000 prescriptions (worth approximately $7.4 million) they could not have afforded otherwise.
• Since 2009, more than 12,000 pounds of unacceptable medications have been safely incinerated, keeping them out of the Wyoming water stream.
• Since July 2008, the program has processed over 58,000 pounds of donated medications and medical supplies.
• More than 66,000 young children visit Emergency Rooms each year because of medication poisonings.
• Donating your unused medications helps reduce the risk of poisonings in your home, keeping the ones you love safe.