Division of Healthcare Financing
The Division of Healthcare Financing was created to bring public healthcare programs under one umbrella for administrative purposes.
The Division of Healthcare Financing administrator serves as the state medicaid director with responsibility for oversight and technical assistance provided to the divisions that administer Medicaid within the Department of Health.
The Division of Healthcare Financing includes three distinct units: Wyoming Medicaid, Kid Care CHIP (Wyoming's State Children's Health Insurance Program), and Office of Pharmacy Services.
WYOMING MMIS WINGS PROJECT ACTIVITIES
The MMIS Replacement Project Team for the Wyoming Integrated next Generation System (WINGS) project provides periodic updates for WINGS Project activities for key focus areas and timelines.
1. The Pharmacy Benefits Management System Request for Proposal procurement #0405-Z was released June 1, 2015.
2. To receive vendor bid notifications when WINGS project RFPs are available, please register with the State of Wyoming, Administration and Information, General Services, Procurement Section using a new web based e-Procurement service - Public Purchase - at the following link: https://www.publicpurchase.com/gems/register/vendor/register.
3. Thank you to the vendors that responded to the Fraud, Waste, Abuse Analytics and FWA Case Tracking module vendor fair invitation. Demonstrations will be held this month.
4. The System Integrator/HUB/Enterprise Service Bus Request for Proposal is anticipated to be released in November/December 2015.
5. The Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, Fraud, Waste, Abuse Request for Proposal is anticipated to be released in December 2015/January 2016.
6. The Medicaid Claims Processing Systems and Services Request for Proposals are anticipated to be released mid-2016.
Wyoming Medicaid WINGS Project Status Reports and Information Documents:
MITA 3.0 SS-A, Alternatives Analysis and Procurement Strategy Executive Summary Report: This report contains Wyoming MITA 3.0 State Self-Assessment information and outcomes as well as Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) alternative strategies based on research and vendor feedback from the Medicaid Claims Processing and Related Medicaid Administrative Services questionnaire responses received in January 2015. Wyoming Medicaid WINGS project procurement strategy for the next three years, is also included in this summary report.
Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Vendor Fair Takeaways Report: This document contains descriptions of items covered and functionality demonstrated during the October 2014 Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence vendor fair.
Division of Healthcare Financing Units
Medicaid - Medicaid helps pay for certain health care services, and is available to qualifying families, children, individuals who are aged, blind or disabled, and qualified or non-qualified aliens.
Kid Care CHIP
Kid Care CHIP - Kid Care CHIP is a Wyoming program that helps families provide health insurance for their children. Health insurance is an important part of making sure that kids grow healthy. Kid Care CHIP offers health insurance coverage for Wyoming's children and teens through age 18 that are uninsured and meet income and eligibility guidelines.
Office of Pharmacy Services
Office of Pharmacy Services - Most prescription and some over-the-counter drugs are covered. A prescription is required for all drugs. A co-payment may be required for clients age 21 and older. Please look through our website for details on other programs available through the Office of Pharmacy Services.