IMPORTANT NOTICE: Many pages on this site may not display properly for Internet Explorer 11 users. Please consider another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible for Kid Care CHIP?

Anyone who meets the following criteria:

  • Children up to the month they turn 19.
  • A US Citizen or lawful permanent resident who has lived in the US for at least 5 years or more. An alien registration number is required.
  • Wyoming Resident.
  • Not eligible for EqualityCare (Medicaid).
  • No insurance for 30 days prior to applying, unless insurance was involuntarily canceled.
  • Is not placed in a public institution.
  • Is not a dependent of State employees (per Federal Law).
  • Meets income guidelines.

Who can apply for Kid Care CHIP?

Parents, grandparents, siblings, other family members, and foster parents may apply as long as the child(ren) lives with you at least 50% of the time.