Best Beginnings for Wyoming Babies
Best Beginnings is a comprehensive, coordinated, community-based system of perinatal services for expecting moms. The program assures early and continued prenatal care and coordination of services appropriate for pregnant women and their families.
| Services Available Through Best Beginnings for Wyoming Babies:
- Financial assistance for eligible women
- Pregnancy counseling and teaching
- Referrals to appropriate resources in the local community
- Educational materials relating to pregnancy
- Smoking cessation assistance and referral
- Prenatal classes on an individual or group basis
- Parenting classes for parents of newborns
- Home visits for moms and babies
- Certified Lactation Counselor Breastfeeding Support (for information about how to become CLC certified please visit the Healthy Children website)
- Certified Happiest Baby on the Block Trainers (for more information about Happiest Baby on the Block please visit the website)
To Determine if You are Eligible:
Contact your local Best Beginnings Coordinator at your local Public Health Nursing Office.