The Wyoming Department of Health's Aging Division is committed to providing care, ensuring safety and and promoting independent choices for Wyoming's older adults. The division includes five sections:
- The Community Living Section provides many services for older adults and disabled individuals. Some are funded through Medicaid, state funding and the federal Older Americans Act. Others are suppored by grants pursued by the division. Available services range from meal programs to home healthcare services.
- Healthcare Licensing and Surveys helps assure that patients and residents receive quality care from the facilities that require licensing by the State of Wyoming. The office also promotes health and safety through on-site inspections and complaint investigations.
- The Wyoming Pioneer Home in Thermopolis provides a place of care for Wyoming residents challenged by the aging process. The facility operates as an assisted living home to provide a secure, dignified, high quality of life for residents regardless of financial resources.
- The Veterans' Home of Wyoming in Buffalo provides care based on maximizing the quality of life for each resident. The facility provides a community of caring people. Two-room suites for married couples are available, as well as private rooms for single residents.
- The Wyoming Retirement Center in Basin is a certified long-term, convalescent and respite care facility established to meet the needs of Wyoming's elderly and disabled citizens. A high quality of life and care is the center's goal for each resident.
OMBUDSMAN MAP - Click here for a map of ombudsman representatives and their areas.
OMBUDSMEN AND THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION
Wyoming Department of Health
6101 Yellowstone Road
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Toll Free 1-800-442-2766
Fax (307) 777-5340